PDA

View Full Version : SppedEDIT demo

kilvano
07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
I have Premiere and ive tried Jahshaka but im really tempted by SpeedEDIT. Will there be a beta or demo available for download at any point?

Cheers

Chris

digital verve
07-10-2006, 12:26 PM
I too would like to try the demo of SpeedEdit.

pnelson
07-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Kilvano,

I would like to start by saying that you have an uncanny resemblance to Steven Segall!! :)

We are still working on SpeedEDIT so there isn't a demo available yet. Keep watching the NewTek site and we'll keep you posted!

When you see it, you are gonna LOVE it! It's so fast that it's just crazy.

Thanks again,

kilvano
07-11-2006, 05:11 AM
I am steven segal...i decided that since im such a crap actor and "i hate violence" so much, i should take up 3d!

pnelson
07-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Lol!!!!

matix
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Kilvano,

I would like to start by saying that you have an uncanny resemblance to Steven Segall!! :)

We are still working on SpeedEDIT so there isn't a demo available yet. Keep watching the NewTek site and we'll keep you posted!

When you see it, you are gonna LOVE it! It's so fast that it's just crazy.

Thanks again,

I'm very interested in this product. We use Premiere Pro and Final Cut 8/ but this would allow so much more than what they do. Does this require a toaster card to run full speed? How is full realtime HD resolution preview possible?
Do you have any system specs for running it? Thanks :-D

Wickster
07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm withholding my premiere pro 2 upgrade because i also want to try Speededit.

by the way, is there a special crossgrade pricing to lure me away from premiere? how about a special for LW owners? (had to ask) :D

Silkrooster
07-11-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't blame you for asking. Someone should ask afterall thats how you find out info.:hey:
Man talk about timing. I am getting ready to get the Adobe video bundle, mostly for AE, but can't resist the price savings. I am kind of hoping that my funds will be up there when speededit does become available. If it can do half of what they say, I am on board. Especially real time editing and file formats that were listed, boy oh boy.:boogiedow
Hopefully they will put up a spec sheet soon, so we can see what other features will be available.
Silk

robewil
07-11-2006, 09:55 PM
If you look at the features of VT-Edit http://www.newtek.com/vt/features.php, you should get the gist of what Speed Edit will offer. It's not a new program. It's the upgrade of VT-Edit and features HD editing.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-11-2006, 10:46 PM
I am super excited for Newtek.

Go Newtek GO!!!

DavidL
07-12-2006, 08:03 AM
I'm a long time Adobe user who's been looking to switch for a long time. I like Premiere and the whole video suite and intergration, but I have had computer problems with the last few upgrades of Premiere.

I'm hoping SpeedEDIT will be the replacement I've been looking for. Please post more info soon!

mtruss
07-12-2006, 09:08 AM
From what I see, SpeedEdit is a separate program that does not require a VT card to run. If I am correct, it can be installed on any workstation or laptop and basically is VT Edit extracted from the full VT product with several features added.

If this is the case, I truly will be the fastest editor in the world. With VT Edit I can fly through editing projects that in any other software take klunky steps to complete. The only issue with using the full production VT Suite is I have to power everything up to edit a job and if the equipment is on an on site production, editing is left to Premier Pro (ugg).

It will be nice to be able to edit without having to purchase another VT system.

Hopefully I am not wrong, please correct me if I am.

robewil
07-12-2006, 09:28 AM
mtruss,

You are not wrong. Your assessments are correct. No VT system is required. However, if you do have a VT system, the hardware provides the analog input and output as well as realtime preview (in SD) out.