PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave for Sale

stagelht
07-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi Everybody.
I am selling my Lightwave.
If interested.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/3d-NewTek-Lightwave-8-5-upgraded-to-9-beta_W0QQitemZ180005439845QQihZ008QQcategoryZ188QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or search for Lightwave on EBay.
Thanks.
M

Signal to Noise
07-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Wow! Only one post as a registered user and you're already selling off your copy of LightWave???

Btw... http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

BusyWolf
07-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Wow! Only one post as a registered user and you're already selling off your copy of LightWave???

No doubt this person is very desperate for some money. Only one post I am sure they have not taken the time to evaluate the piece of gold they have in their hand. Or maybe they thought it would do all the work for them.:) Hate to see them :cry: later!

stagelht, did you take lightwave out-of-the-box or get frightened by the complexity after you install it? There are plenty of people on these forms to help you out and I huge boxload of tutorials. Oh well, it is really none of my business!
Good luck!

Yog
07-10-2006, 11:39 AM
No doubt this person is very desperate for some money. Only one post I am sure they have not taken the time to evaluate the piece of gold they have in their hand. Or maybe they thought it would do all the work for them.:) Hate to see them :cry: later!

stagelht, did you take lightwave out-of-the-box or get frightened by the complexity after you install it? There are plenty of people on these forms to help you out and I huge boxload of tutorials. Oh well, it is really none of my business!
Good luck!Hey BusyWolf, reign in the snide comments.
If you look at the auction you will see the seller is selling a copy of LW-8.0 that was upgraded to LW8.5 with an upgrade to LW-9.0, which means in theory the seller could have been using Lightwave for nearly two years before you have been registered here. So who's the newb now ?

Not everyone who uses LW is registered here, not by a long shot, but if you wanted to sell LW, this is the place to come.

Kurtis
07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Well said Yog.

Sorry, can't resist pointing out the following. :devil:

And the ability to do free and easy license transfers (or license transfers period) has always been something that has set NewTek and LightWave apart from the crowd.

BusyWolf
07-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Hey BusyWolf, reign in the snide comments.
If you look at the auction you will see the seller is selling a copy of LW-8.0 that was upgraded to LW8.5 with an upgrade to LW-9.0, which means in theory the seller could have been using Lightwave for nearly two years before you have been registered here. So who's the newb now ?

Not everyone who uses LW is registered here, not by a long shot, but if you wanted to sell LW, this is the place to come.

Yes, I am a newbie and maybe a little over excited about LightWave!
And maybe I should have clicked on the link first. So I got carried away but at least I don't stay in a form that goes on a month or so arguing what is or is not art!
I'd rather spend more time developing skills with LightWave, thank you very much!

Lew
07-11-2006, 06:47 AM
Yes, So I got carried away but at least I don't stay in a form that goes on a month or so arguing what is or is not art!
I'd rather spend more time developing skills with LightWave, thank you very much!

OUCH! And he meant that to sting! :hijack:

Yog
07-11-2006, 07:01 AM
.....but at least I don't stay in a form that goes on a month or so arguing what is or is not art!
I'd rather spend more time developing skills with LightWave, thank you very much!Good for you ... but I think you might have the wrong person if that was aimed at me, as I have never been involved in the technical vrs art threads .... I know they are pointless.
But nice try at showing the kitten has claws ;)

BusyWolf
07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Good for you ... but I think you might have the wrong person if that was aimed at me, as I have never been involved in the technical vrs art threads .... I know they are pointless.
But nice try at showing the kitten has claws ;)

Yog, No, no, no! That was not aimed at you it was only meant as an example of a post that has no value and as you put it "pointless".
To tell the truth I should have read my first post here in this thread as others would read it. I never be intended to be a smart Alec. Only to express the value I find in the product and in case the person was new I just wanted to draw attention to the help hear.
So stagelht if you see this forgive me if you also misunderstood it.
Yog apologies, though if I had been joined claws they would have been Wolf's:) but really no offense taken I hope. I sure don't want to be the start of a pointless thread like the one I mention!!!:lol:

Yog
07-12-2006, 09:07 AM
So stagelht if you see this forgive me if you also misunderstood it.
Yog apologies, though if I had been joined claws they would have been Wolf's:) but really no offense taken I hope. I sure don't want to be the start of a pointless thread like the one I mention!!!:lol:Many appologies BW. Certainly the internet isn't the best form of communication, even with smilies, and it looks as though I have miss read the intent of some of your posts.

Glad we got it sorted, and I'm very glad you were big enough to step back and realise a misunderstanding was happening, instead of going totally defencive and confrontational. :thumbsup:

stagelht
07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi;
I didn't mean to start an arguement.
I have had Lightwave for over a year, and I just don't get it.
I have moved on to other things, and instead of sitting in a box, I figured someone else could make more use out of Lightwave.

Signal to Noise
07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
I have had Lightwave for over a year, and I just don't get it.

Well, you could have started posting in these forums a year ago with your questions and perhaps you'd be on your way to enjoying your purchase.

Oh well, good luck with your sale and future endeavors!

Exception
07-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Some people like the beach, some people like climbing moutntains, others like making miniature tanks and there's even some that like watching 22 others kick against a spherical aircontainer.

I think it is a nice opportunity for someone else to give Lightwave a try. Don;t like it, you can sell it, and rightly so, and if I needed another Lw license, I would have gladly taken it off your hands Stagelht. Good luck with your other endeavours.

colkai
07-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Yup, that's how I got into LW myself, a studio had an old seat of LW they didn't use, I got it second-hand and jumped onto the superb upgrade path that Newtek offer. It's one of the luxuries of using LW that it can be sold on so easily as it allows people like me the chance to jump into it, even if we can't afford the latest full version.

The fact that Newtek allow the upgrade of older versions is a real testament to their encouraging everyone to give it a go. More than can be said for many other companies. :D

Yog
07-13-2006, 08:07 AM
The fact that Newtek allow the upgrade of older versions is a real testament to their encouraging everyone to give it a go. More than can be said for many other companies. :DI fully agree. If Autodesk had a similar policy I would have stopped upgrading MAX years ago.