PDA

View Full Version : Zidane... je ne sais quoi?

iDV8
07-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks Zidane, Italy couldn't have done it without you! :devil:

Plakkie
07-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah, shame shame! :thumbsdow

peter66
07-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Anyone know what pissed him off? I really wanted France to win :(

Panikos
07-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Such a fantastic player to loose temper and react this way.
Millions of people watching the final, whatever the opponent said, Zidane shouldnt react this way.
What a shame :(

Out of all teams, Argentina played the best football and destroyed by its trainer :(

Italy overall was a better team than Zidane and his company.
France against Swiss was 0-0, againest South Korea 1-1 and against Tongo was 2-0.

Oh well, above all its a game.
Zidane dirtied his reputation.

papou
07-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Zidane was really waiting big improvement for lw9, too much stress for him...

jat
07-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Forza Italia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilrayray77
07-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Actually, I thought france played the better game today. The announcers (I watched on ABC) annoyed the crap out of me; you could easily tell that they wanted italy to win really bad.

lion111
07-09-2006, 06:28 PM
viva la france

oDDity
07-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Give him a break. I think the game would be a lot more interesting if they had a big group fight instead of kicking a ball around for 2 hours.
The French would definitely win that one. The Italians are a bunch of weepy little girls.

Captain Obvious
07-10-2006, 02:01 AM
The French would definitely win that one. The Italians are a bunch of weepy little girls.
That's something I've noticed as well. Not that I dislike italians, mind you, but the italian football players have a tendancy to fall down and cry for penalties whenever someone comes within three feet of them. It's annoying. I much prefer the kind of players who, when they fall down, try their hardest to just get back up as soon as possible to keep playing. Like the korean team did in 2002, if I recall correctly.

I mean, it's football, for crying out loud! If you can't take falling over a few times, you should play golf instead.

kennez
07-10-2006, 02:15 AM
The Italians seemed to behave themselves for once in the last couple of games, with very little diving. You cannot say that about the French team. Henry is a cheat, whether anybody likes to admit it or not, and don't even get me started on Malouda (the one that won the penalty). He went down every time an Italian looked at him.

Congrats to Italy anyway. Over the course of the whole tournement they deserved it much more than France. I was a bit disappointed with the shootout though. The goalkeepers both had a torrid time.

As a goalkeeper myself, I know what a shootout is like. The trick is to use the same method as Ricardo of Portugal uses for choosing a direction to dive - something that like him, I have learned from experience - and it certainly does work!

Congrats again to Italy. Maybe by tomorrow most of the Italian team will be playing in the Premier League, so I'll get to see them every week.

Omar.M
07-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Im sure FIFA will take away the best valuable player prise from him, and no teams will fall down from the league, can't you see..Its all Mafia!

mattclary
07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Wasn't Zidane a character in Final Fantasy IX? ;)

JML
07-12-2006, 02:21 PM
zidane was right to do what he did.

Tonight on Canal+ (french HBO) he was interviewed and
said the insult involved his mom and sister.

the reporter asked him if it was similar to what the english newspaper thought and Zidane said "well, yes"

(the english newspaper said that the italian said that Zidane was the son
of a terroriste prostitute)

zidane should have done more to him, like breaking his nose or kick him more when he was on the ground..
(each kicks for each letters in "we should have won")

I'm french by the way :D

Panikos
07-12-2006, 02:45 PM
I believe such things are said in all games, even worst.
It was a venteta, Zidane was feeling nervous cause the moment of retirement arrived and he thought to do something to be remembered.

JML
07-12-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't know about you but when somebody insult you , you should do something about it. especially those kind of insults
(but I think he should have waited after the match (after france won) and finish him there.

zidane said that the guy said it one time then a second time, he started
walking away to ignore him and when he said it the third time, he snaped.

dgon64
07-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I agree he had to do something but as one ex-player suggested in another sport when it gets personal like that then you wait for him at the locker room door-anytime,anywhere after the game in fact-and show him your displeasure with his insults in a more personal manner.

MooseDog
07-12-2006, 03:14 PM
i thought the head-butt looked bad-***** on tv! (i'd love to see barry bonds to that to someone! ).

he was obviously responding in rage to some very dirty trash talk about his family. he has my vote.

newsvixen8
07-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Alas, while I understand the man's devotion to his family, as a mom I would be very distressed to see my son throw away a lifetime of professional brilliance due to lack of self-control, even if it were on my behalf. A very sad image to leave in the pages of soccer history. (Note: I too believe France was playing much better than Italy til then...)

Bog
07-12-2006, 05:40 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/2/5/125e067ac32841a86fc20e71015e584b.gif

;)

SP00
07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
The man was just defending his family honor. He did try to hold back, but since that italian guy kept on going, it was time to knock him down. I definitely think my family honor is worth more than the World Cup.

JVitale
07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Eventually, things had to come to this..
The Head-butt seen aorund the world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js0vOgjBfD8

Omar.M
07-13-2006, 01:34 AM
They did the same thing with T.Frings!

Omar.M
07-13-2006, 01:41 AM
I believe such things are said in all games, even worst.
It was a venteta, Zidane was feeling nervous cause the moment of retirement arrived and he thought to do something to be remembered.

I don't think it happens in World Cups! at all...because the players should be chosen carefully, and that Honor take's a big part of that, but I guess Italy does'nt have that, how can you say such things to such great player, and man?

I think he should have completed the game and took the Trophy shove it down Matarazzi's ars...then beat the crap out of him:
Im with Zidane on this, in addition to that, the referee should'nt have saw the incedent from the screen!
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3986/125e067ac32841a86fc20e71015e61.gif

kennez
07-13-2006, 02:12 AM
how can you say such things to such great player, and man?

It's not the first time that he's headbutted an opponent. I remember he once did it in Serie A when he was playing for Juventus. I don't care what was said, there is no excuse for assaulting an opponent in public like that. He should have waited until after the match and settled in in the locker room. I have absolutely no sympathy for him of the French team. Before anybody says anything, yes, I HAVE been on the receiving end of verbal abuse on the football pitch (not to the same extent, but that is not the point), and I restrained myself, going through the proper channels to get it sorted out, and I am known for having a short fuse. If I can keep my head, surely a professional can!
If an incident like that occured in the UK, the police would have charged him with assault (as they did with Lee Bowyer when he started punching his teammate at Newcastle over a misplaced pass).

All it takes is a bit of restraint to hold on for 5 minutes and settle it later.

I'm glad the French lost - they're a pack of cheats. Henry dives every chance he gets (for France - he doesn't seem to be like that for Arsenal, not that I care - I hate them), as does Malouda, and Viera is always running up to the referee and getting involved in things that don't concern him. The only French players I like are Makelele and Barthez (Makelele because he does a great job as a holding midfield player, and Barthez because he makes life interesting!)

Lightwolf
07-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Geez...
What a kindergarten.
Zidane misbehaved and deserved the red. If he can't take the verbal attack then it is his problem. He always had the chance to curse back, especially since it is not like he was being nice all the time either. No reason the get physical at all.
Familiy honour... oh my, next you try to justify killing people in the name of "honour". This is the 21st century, and I think duels are very much out of fashion nowadays....

Not surprisingly, women just laugh at this and shake their heads... "men.... *sigh*", and right they are too (and more sensible it seems).

Cheers,
Mike

Omar.M
07-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Ok! just vision a man cursing your family, and you tried to hold it, but he starts to go further! man! I dont think you will watch him and smile :) really, it's not about being a professional, did you see what Gatussu did after the game? for god sake Lightwolf, you are german, right? he took of his shorts and put his ding dong and forgive me when I say that on the feild! is that a proferssional?:thumbsdow

Im a huge fan of germany, and when the Italian team got Frings to miss the game with them??? what the **** is going on on this world?

Pavlov
07-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Oddity: nope sorry.
First goal was a thieft due to an error. Penality kick was just undue.
We would have won hands down at the end of 90s without that; despite a stolen goal from that same Zizou, we won anyway.
Sorry french guys, try next time ;)

PS let's keep this thread polite please, i can see some dangerous flashes somewhere.

paolo

ryder133
07-13-2006, 03:40 AM
i still like zidane but dont think he should have done it. anyone notice that some of the portugal and italian players always dive alot when they really want to win a game. are they just trying to cheat to win? hmm...

Omar.M
07-13-2006, 03:48 AM
I did'nt say that he should have head-butted him! I really like to see a good clean game! but Italians are always acting.

Lightwolf
07-13-2006, 04:09 AM
Ok! just vision a man cursing your family, and you tried to hold it, but he starts to go further! man! I dont think you will watch him and smile :)
Actually, I do, because it is just silly child games. Maybe I didn't when I was 12 though, but I thought a player like Zidane is more mature than that.
Then again, when it comes to that I can be a bitchy bastard if need be, but I've never physically attacked a person in my life- and I'm not being paid to play football either. To me that's just common sense.

really, it's not about being a professional, did you see what Gatussu did after the game? for god sake Lightwolf, you are german, right? he took of his shorts and put his ding dong and forgive me when I say that on the feild! is that a proferssional?:thumbsdow
I thought that was quite funny actually. German players take off their T-Shirts (and get a yellow for it, but that is during the game). So what. He didn't beat anybody up, did he?

Im a huge fan of germany, and when the Italian team got Frings to miss the game with them??? what the **** is going on on this world?
Well, it wasn't the team, was it? It was caused by one italian newspaper pointing out an issue to FIFA. If anything, FIFA is to blame here, eespecially for not penalizing the argentinian player, and for accepting video material after the investigations were over. But that's another issue.

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf
07-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Oddity: nope sorry.
First goal was a thieft due to an error. Penality kick was just undue.

Then again, there was a second penalty the french didn't get and would have deserved, so the 1:1 was fine imho.

Cheers,
Mike

Pavlov
07-13-2006, 04:40 AM
Ok but here we enter the world of logic ;)
The first one gave french a goal, and this is an actual truth.
The second one, even if deserved, could NOT give a goal to french - 50% and 50%.
So the weight of the two is not the same and thus not 1-1, being the first one heavier then the hypotetical second.

Paolo

Lightwolf
07-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Ok but here we enter the world of logic ;)
The first one gave french a goal, and this is an actual truth.
The second one, even if deserved, could NOT give a goal to french - 50% and 50%.
So the weight of the two is not the same and thus not 1-1, being the first one heavier then the hypotetical second.

Well, actually, the chance to score a penalty is 75%... unless you're English ;)
The first one could also not have been a goal fro France... but it was. :)

...and who says football has anything to do with being logical, not only do the matches proove it, but the players as well ;)

Cheers,
Mike

serge
07-13-2006, 05:09 AM
Nice game: http://widelec.org/zidane.html

Panikos
07-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Its fun to read all these :)

Mundial was organized to give as large profits as possible to the sponsors.
The rest is crap to fill tha blank pages of magazines/newspapers.

Omar.M
07-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Its fun to read all these :)

Mundial was organized to give as large profits as possible to the sponsors.
The rest is crap to fill tha blank pages of magazines/newspapers.

nice one!

kennez
07-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Well, actually, the chance to score a penalty is 75%... unless you're English ;)

Yeah, for us it's about 20% (if that!)

mav3rick
07-13-2006, 06:23 AM
kudos 2 zidane .... bammmmm head kombo

Lightwolf
07-13-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, for us it's about 20% (if that!)
Hehe... unless your player plays in Germany I suppose ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Panikos
07-13-2006, 06:55 AM
:D :jester:

JML
07-13-2006, 07:11 AM
check this video on google :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5142970568688502787

it shows materazzi in action.

watching this, I wish zidane did a lot more to him.

the rest of the italian team was kind of friendly, but that materazzi deserved it.

kennez
07-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Hehe... unless your player plays in Germany I suppose ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Yeah, I always thought Hargreaves was crap, but he was our best player by far in the tournement. He was absolutely tireless in the game against Portugal. Maybe Boro will sign him. They were after him at one point. They need somebody to take penalties!

JML
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Zidane the Game.

pretty good game ! :)

http://linuxteam.at/~philip/zidane.html

Exception
07-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Words are no excuse for violence.
Actually, nothing is, bear active physical self defence.

But that materazzi should have been kicked out the world of pro football long ago already.

pat-lek
07-13-2006, 09:02 AM
The true:

http://f10.putfile.com/7/19005024357.gif

Lightwolf
07-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Now somebody show this guy how to properly retouch a video sequence. Whoever did that deserves a red for effort as well ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Weetos
07-13-2006, 09:18 AM
But that materazzi should have been kicked out the world of pro football long ago already.

Oh yeah - this is so true :agree: - I've recently watched a video that gathers a bunch of his famous 'kicks' (in opponent's balls, head, guts, everywhere it hurts) - it's a miracle this guy hasn't been fired yet

grafikdon
07-14-2006, 06:29 AM
A- they're a pack of cheats. Henry dives every chance he gets (for France -

If you are talking about the France/Italy final, then I will say you didn't actually watch the match. I couldn't count numerous times Henry was in a goal mouth struggle with the Italian defence and he wouldn't budge despite a lot of shoving and missed tackles until he kicked the ball towards the goal post. this happened several times. The same thing applied to malouda. You can easily prove me right if you watch the match one more time. :)

JML
07-14-2006, 06:55 AM
Words are no excuse for violence.
I guess it depends which words.

if somebody in the streets tells you something like you mom is a terrorist prostitute, or any other insults.
would you just walk away ?

Lightwolf
07-14-2006, 07:01 AM
if somebody in the streets tells you something like you mom is a terrorist prostitute, or any other insults.
Lol, well I would... or maybe give them some money to buy another drink and leave me alone ;)

Now if it was friend it would be different... but wouldn't result in violence either.

Cheers,
Mike

Panikos
07-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Hehe, nice one Mike :)

Cunhambebe
07-14-2006, 05:27 PM
Kikou..Bonjou tout le monde!
Hi there! Vive la France! Toujours la France!

Italy won the Cup, but for me it doesn't matter.
La France has one of the greatest players of all time: Thierry Daniel Henry. In spite of the fact he kicked Brazil off the Cup (so as the Fat Ronaldo lol), eveybody here would like to say: well done Titi! C'est dommage! Titi devrait être Brésilien! Vive Titi...

grafikdon
07-15-2006, 02:37 AM
Kikou..Bonjou tout le monde!
Hi there! Vive la France! Toujours la France!

Italy won the Cup, but for me it doesn't matter.
La France has one of the greatest players of all time: Thierry Daniel Henry. .

You got that right.

spigolo
07-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Lot's of people are talking but know nothing about soccer..First of all Zidane is'nt new at all to this nervous reaction.
In the world cup of 98 he pressed hid shoes on an another player leg and he got just 2 days off just because he was playng in France and France was due to win the world cup. Don't know what would have happened if an italian player had done it..at least 4 days off..

With juventus Zidane did the same thing in champions league he used his head on another player and he got 5 days off!! So he is a fantastic player but very nervous.. all the talks about his honour the mother and the sister are so stupid I even wonder why people listen to this.
Ask people who play soccer what are the standard level of the languages between players during a football match, if we should reason like that all the players would get a red card before the first half of the match together with their mother, sisters, and grandmothers too.. come on!!

No one remembers that France didn't gave the ball back to Italy 2 minutes before as Italy stopped to play because there was a french player injured..this is very unsportiv and Materazzi reaction to Zidane was partially due to this..

All the rest of the threads are just reaction to our victory.
After Brazil we are the most succesful soccer in the world (even at club level) and France would be nothing if the couldn't use player that comes from Senegal, Caribe, Algeria etc. etc.

We lost a world cup final with penalities in 94 playing better with brazil, we came out with France at the world cup of 98 at penalities playing much better than France so we get our debt paid in germany.

Pavlov
07-15-2006, 04:36 AM
Honestly it's right: French are forced to use moslty foreign players (btw more efficent of french ones) to have chances.
Agree also on Zidane; its personal myth makes people forget he's a quite heavy-reaction guy. So french's substain to Zidane is discutible, for some reasons they assume automatically italians have all faults; imho they should condemn him as much as we condemn Materazzi, since nobody knows the facts right now.

Anyway we have won, and this fact cannot be put in opinionable perspectives instead ;)

bye
Paolo

papou
07-15-2006, 08:20 AM
if it was racials injuries then we will see what you have won...

Pavlov
07-15-2006, 08:23 AM
I hope Materazzi was not SO stupid. Again, we dont know anything yet, and Z is talking about parental injuries.. i'm not so concerned with our title safety.
As said, i hope Materazzi was not so stupid.

Paolo

Cunhambebe
07-15-2006, 08:49 AM
We lost a world cup final with penalities in 94 playing better with brazil, we came out with France at the world cup of 98 at penalities playing much better than France so we get our debt paid in germany.

-You're very modest aren't you? :bowdown: Anyway, IMHO it doesn't really matter who won the cup.
France played much better than the macarronis. Point.
The Whole Brazil would like to say: Vive la France! Toujours la France! Our sympathy to our best friends in Europe: the French People and France. Zidane is great, so as Titi, so as the French team. Voilà! C'est ça mes amis :dance:

JML
07-15-2006, 07:13 PM
We lost a world cup final with penalities in 94 playing better with brazil, we came out with France at the world cup of 98 at penalities playing much better than France
that's hilarious :rolleyes:

...France would be nothing if the couldn't use player that comes from Senegal, Caribe, Algeria etc. etc.

and that seem to be a problem for you.
there are lot of insults, materazzi used strong racial insults and likes to kick players, especially ethnics players.
is that your favorite player ?
so I don't feel bad that zidane kicked his ***. (I'm sure what zidane did made a lot of players from all teams happy)

French comes from different backgrounds, just like the US, and whatever their color, they are all french.

I think the italia-france match was pretty good. both teams attacked each others and they were able to defend.
I really liked how played thierry daniel henry and the italian goal was good too.

grafikdon
07-16-2006, 04:40 AM
that's hilarious :rolleyes:

and that seem to be a problem for you.
there are lot of insults, materazzi used strong racial insults and likes to kick players, especially ethnics players.
is that your favorite player ?
so I don't feel bad that zidane kicked his ***. (I'm sure what zidane did made a lot of players from all teams happy)

French comes from different backgrounds, just like the US, and whatever their color, they are all french.

I think the italia-france match was pretty good. both teams attacked each others and they were able to defend.
I really liked how played thierry daniel henry and the italian goal was good too.

I give ya two thumbs up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...heck and two toes up.

Exception
07-17-2006, 03:01 AM
I guess it depends which words.

Yes, because they don't know my mom, thus it reflects back on them on how incredibly stupid they are.
What good has violence ever done to anyone?

bluerider
07-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Thanks Zidane, Italy couldn't have done it without you! :devil:

Lets face it the Final was a bit dull, the highlight was Zidane defending the honour of his Mother. I was a shame he didn't head but him in the teeth, not the chest.

The player went to ground very easily, players do seen much more delicate these days. Certainly great role models for how cheating gains an advantage. FIFA have made great gains in turning the sport into an obvious business franchise that encouragess diving premadonas that can haggle and threaten referees.

The World Cup was disappointing, I'll just watch paint dry next time.

bluerider
07-17-2006, 03:30 AM
Yes, because they don't know my mom, thus it reflects back on them on how incredibly stupid they are.
What good has violence ever done to anyone?

Unfortunalty, violence has provided the perpetrators with Empires throughout History that feeds their own businesses with cheap/ free labour. Plus cheap materials and other cheap or virtually free stuff for the particular tribe or groups of people in the club.

However, if you meant what good has violence done for the victim, then probaly not much but a frowny face. :D

criodesign
07-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Campioni del mondo!
We say in Italy!
I'm sorry for all of you but this time the world cup comes to Italy.
And this is right!
Nobody remember what's appened in Korea with MORENO???
I dont believe in magazines and journalists.
I remember many time Zidane fighting with other player, like Materazzi of course!!!!
I remember many time Zidane using his head as an hummer, he played many years in Italy.
I remember also Materazzi fight with other palyer!
Two player very strong in the same ground will sure fight togheter.

What about Totti in Korea????
We can discuss about it!!!

Zidane was right to do what he did.
He deliver the cup to the Italian team!

Some of you can explaine to me how can Zidane be rewarded after two expulsions in the same cup as the best player f the competition?

Some of you can explaine to why Mr.Blatter didnt deliver the cup to Cannavaro?

In peace,
Nike

spigolo
07-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Bravo!
I agree 100%...

sono d'accordo in tutto e per tutto....