PDA

View Full Version : .LWO to XAML exporter. Free!

Bog
07-09-2006, 03:01 PM
My colleague and chum RegularFry said it just fine, so I'm copy-pasting, but we're not entirely 9-limited on this, so fill yer boots.

-----

Hi all,

I've just uploaded the latest version of our Lightwave object to XAML converter to the server at http://www.shaxam.com. This is the first version we're making public, so anyone who's at all interested in targeting WinFX should go and check it out.

It's a free, Lightwave 9 *only* Modeler plugin that'll convert the active layer to a XAML Viewport3D for messing with either in Expression Interactive Designer, or directly from code. There are more details in the README that comes in the download, so go grab it for the weekend.

I'm off to SpinQuad to spread the good news...

----

It does the thing. Please do your best to break it for us, and let us know what needs a wallop.

T-Light
07-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Cheers Bog, I've no idea what an XAML converter is but I'll give it a looksee :)

Bog
07-09-2006, 04:22 PM
XAML is Windows Vista's internal 3D imaging language - a step-stone between actual programming and DirectX.

nerdyguy227
07-09-2006, 09:03 PM
neeaaattttt

thanks

Avalon111
03-20-2007, 05:03 AM
that exporter seems very broken.
in LW9 it does not even noticed that file to be a plugin
in LW8 it is adding the plugin but when exporting one realy simple object, it fails because the plugin faild to start.

any other options?

DogBoy
03-20-2007, 06:42 AM
in LW9 it does not even noticed that file to be a plugin
in LW8 it is adding the plugin....

He did say this is a 9 ONLY plug in, which explains why 8 doesn't like it.
As for 9, which version of 9 are you using? I'm guessing this is a LW32bit PC only plug in, so won't work wi' 64bit or Mac.

Bog, can you or RegularFry update the site to clarify this, so we can avoid confusion.

Thanks buddy.

Bog
03-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I shall do that this afternoon - and increase the font size on the "LW9" only ;)

Avalon111
03-20-2007, 07:10 AM
That is what happens here when i try to add the plugin

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6023/plugindm3.jpg

Bog
03-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Oooer. In which case, I shall eat my words, without ketchup, and go see what's happenning with that immediately. Thanks for pointing this out.

Bog
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Very strange. I've just downloaded a copy from the website, and it works fine. Can you email your shaxam plugin to alex at blackkettle dot org for him to take a look at?

In the meantime, I'm guessing your download broke in some way as the most likely problem.

Avalon111
03-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Very strange. I've just downloaded a copy from the website, and it works fine. Can you email your shaxam plugin to alex at blackkettle dot org for him to take a look at?

In the meantime, I'm guessing your download broke in some way as the most likely problem.
i will try it again. but if the zip file would have been corrupted during the download, then it should have reported that when extracting.

will report back tomorrow then :)

Bog
03-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I'd've though so too but we're all very confused here - we've tried it on a dozen different machines running LW9 without ever having that "0 plugins found" error.

Avalon111
03-26-2007, 06:19 AM
so, i tried to install it @ home -> no problems at all
tried again @ work -> did not work :S

uninstalled/reinstalled LW9 completely -> installed the plugin again and now it works! :D

thanks for your help!

regularfry
03-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Please let us know if it stops working again - I'd love to know what caused that.