PDA

View Full Version : .LWO to XAML exporter. Free!

Bog
07-09-2006, 03:00 PM
My colleague and chum RegularFry said it just fine, so I'm copy-pasting, but we're not entirely 9-limited on this, so fill yer boots.

-----

Hi all,

I've just uploaded the latest version of our Lightwave object to XAML converter to the server at http://www.shaxam.com. This is the first version we're making public, so anyone who's at all interested in targeting WinFX should go and check it out.

It's a free, Lightwave 9 *only* Modeler plugin that'll convert the active layer to a XAML Viewport3D for messing with either in Expression Interactive Designer, or directly from code. There are more details in the README that comes in the download, so go grab it for the weekend.

I'm off to SpinQuad to spread the good news...

----

It does the thing. Please do your best to break it for us, and let us know what needs a wallop.

RedBull
07-09-2006, 03:10 PM
This has already been mentioned, and the author has already posted, and now it seems you've cross posted to another 3 threads on the same forum?

Is there a point to doing such a thing?

Bog
07-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Sorry, Red - I thought it had only been posted in the LW9 thread, and seeing as it's not strictly Just Nine at this point, I thought a little subforum cross-pollenation wouldn't be so bad. We've had numerous threads posted across several sub-fora before, and I didn't think it would be an issue.

My apologies for wasted bandwidth. It's for use with a Microsoft product, after all, gotta expect a bit of bloat.. .;)

Silkrooster
07-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Do you have a link to the program this converts to? It would help for anyone who does not know about this format, including myself.
Silk

Bog
07-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Freebie of the easiest way to use the output models (http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/en/interactive_designer/id_free_trial.aspx)

Please bear in mind that Vista is a work-in-progress, and therefore we're on an unending tail-chase to keep the object formats rationalised. That's half the reason it's free!

When you see some of the stuff we've pulled off with this, you may actually be a bit excited. It doesn't suck.