PDA

View Full Version : water, water, everywhere, not an once to drink

Sentinel45
07-09-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble making realistic looking water. The most I've been able to to create is a bunch of blue particles. What I'm trying to create is a swamp scene, with an object rising from the water. Are there any kinds of shortcuts I can use to create some water?

RedBull
07-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Generally LW doesn't have true fluids or CFD, so you can fake it with particles,
and Hypervoxels but usually the results are far from pleasing..

LW included a new plugin called HV Deformer, (Developed originally by Jarno & TLU as Waterpool plugin originally) which is included with LW9.
As yet i have not been able to take it through it's paces fully.

Previous to this, morph targets on geometry can be used to fake it manually.
Other options are Blender 2.4x which contains a LBM 3D fluids solver that can be exported to render in LW.

You maybe able to borrow from techniques list here...
http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/waterdrop_continued/waterdrop_01.asp

Wade
07-10-2006, 12:13 AM
What water like look are you trying to achive?

Sentinel45
07-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm trying to create two different kinds: murky, swamp water and ocean water. In the scenes I'm making one has a ship rising from the swamp water and a sort of 'Godzilla' type creature rising out of the ocean.

Sentinel45
07-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Generally LW doesn't have true fluids or CFD, so you can fake it with particles,
and Hypervoxels but usually the results are far from pleasing..

LW included a new plugin called HV Deformer, (Developed originally by Jarno & TLU as Waterpool plugin originally) which is included with LW9.
As yet i have not been able to take it through it's paces fully.

Previous to this, morph targets on geometry can be used to fake it manually.
Other options are Blender 2.4x which contains a LBM 3D fluids solver that can be exported to render in LW.

You maybe able to borrow from techniques list here...
http://67.15.36.49/team/Tutorials/waterdrop_continued/waterdrop_01.asp

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out.