PDA

View Full Version : live text 3d objects?

cresshead
07-09-2006, 05:18 AM
live text 3d objects?

is there a pligin/script that i can create a 3d text object with extrusion and bevel then have the ability to go back down to the text and simply re edit/retype the text and the extrusion and bevel updates?

or is there a way to 'store' a extrusion and bevel amount?
...would be nice if it surfaced it too....

i surpose i'm looking for a similar plugin/script to that what is offered in 3d aresnal [newtek lightwave 7.5 based product] but for lightwave 9...:help:

Kurtis
07-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Multishift allows you to save both bevel and extrude information into a file that can be reapplied to other geometry. It also allows for the application of a new surface to the multiplied geometry.

cresshead
07-09-2006, 07:02 AM
ahh! forgot about that!.....read about it ages ago but never had a bash with it...

just tried it out...should be a great hlep...the idea of storing/loading a.ss file is cool!

thanks for reminding me...lightwave is full of features..some of which are really helpful for such mundane tasks as 3d text being extruded/beveled...

maybe newtek coders could add a few presets to use..as using the interface wasn't a walk in the park..had to figure it out..just what was doing what and some people would give up on it as it's not totally clear how to use it...or you could add some text help in the numeric panel

for example i just tried to use the 'slider to add a new multishift...where as you need to INSERT a new shift...which i located below the slider...maybe putting insert above will help people understand you need to do this first as they work their way down the numeric panel..

thanks for the pointer!

also adding a custom preset button or buttons created by the artist would make it very simple to use with no need to locate the files on a hard drive..

in any case this does solve some of my issues i have with moving over from 3dsmax over to lightwave.

ercaxus
07-09-2006, 11:01 PM
It would be cool if :newtek: or someone else made a plugin that would give us text(and/or other stuff) with the ability to go back and edit and freeze when done. Similar to the way hairblade plugin works. I would also like to have live magic bevels that I can freeze whenever I want.