WIP but they seem pretty stable.

Biig Thanx to James!

moremetall
07-08-2006, 11:48 PM
Nice Tool!
I will try it out.

t4d
07-09-2006, 04:16 AM
why don't newtek add these things to the main release ?

Lightwolf
07-09-2006, 04:32 AM
why don't newtek add these things to the main release ?
I'd assume because they've been working on the core to make plugins like this possible in the first place.

I'd rather have it this way around, than the other way (adding of plugins by NT without updating the core).

Cheers,
Mike

jameswillmott
07-09-2006, 05:31 AM
I'd rather NT worked on core issues, than something like this too. Kudos to the job they've done.

digital verve
07-09-2006, 09:22 AM
I disagree. I think Newtek should be creating good workflow tools like these as well as the core changes. Some things are better done by 3rd parties, but some tools like these, I would welcome Newtek implementing.

Lightwolf
07-09-2006, 09:32 AM
I disagree. I think Newtek should be creating good workflow tools like these as well as the core changes. Some things are better done by 3rd parties, but some tools like these, I would welcome Newtek implementing.
I'd prefer NT to implement everything as well... but it seems to be an either/or decision at the moment. Kudos to James for jumping in and filling the gap.

Cheers,
Mike

hrgiger
07-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, Newtek seems to like to buy up a lot of 3rd party modeling plug-ins so perhaps it will make its way in there. This is fine, but I'd still like to see more innovation in terms of modeler coming from Newtek as well.

meatycheesyboy
07-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Well, Newtek seems to like to buy up a lot of 3rd party modeling plug-ins so perhaps it will make its way in there. This is fine, but I'd still like to see more innovation in terms of modeler coming from Newtek as well.

Unfortunately, when Newtek buys a third party plugin they seem to do little to bring into line with other Lightwave elements so that everything functions/looks consist across the program. Hopefully this will change in the future.

badllarma
07-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Either way I'm just glad we have them:thumbsup: just be happy guys a talent like James has give them out in the first place.

I don't care where they have come from so long as they work, and we can use them :)

t4d
07-09-2006, 10:22 PM
I'd assume because they've been working on the core to make plugins like this possible in the first place.

I'd rather have it this way around, than the other way (adding of plugins by NT without updating the core).

Cheers,
Mike

I asked mainly because they free and don't have a place in the LW 9 menu's at the moment

IF Newtek Bring them into the main release they will have a place then NT can bug fix them ( or uses them as a base to write they own version )

and James may get alittle $$ thank you from Newtek for his nice work
or maybe just a free version of LW ??

I have no idea but bring them in and putting a Newtek stamp on them would be a good idea and that was my point.:thumbsup:

Third party Developers have always been one of LW's strength's I'm not saying Newtek need to do a better job then third parties. that Simply can't be done, Third parties Always push things in odd ways Newtek can't jump in every direction, Working on the core is the most important place to spend they time,

SO I think NT should buy MORE plugins from third party developers and bring them in to the main package.

jameswillmott
07-11-2006, 05:29 AM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=407666&postcount=17

Mac port of the Edgepack tools.

jameswillmott
07-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Update for PC is here

http://www.symmetrix.com.au/index.php?page=plugins.php

Added Splitring works with Polygon selection.
Added preserve quads in corners for EdgeLoop (new command EdgeLoop2)
Added Edgewalk tool.
Added Extend edge to polygon tool ( select a polygon, then some edges )
-- fixed Edge Loop which would only work on one layer
-- fixed Edge Border, as above

There is a movie in Divx6.2 format showing how to use the Edgewalk tool.
http://www.symmetrix.com.au/plugins/meshcrawlerDivx.avi

Enjoy!

Earl
07-17-2006, 09:33 PM
That is awesome!!! :dance:

monovich
07-17-2006, 09:48 PM
ok wow that little video was awesome. downloading these tools now. so much to learn! argh!

Werner
07-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Great update jameswillmott!

How is the the Edge Slide coming along?

BazC
07-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Wow! Edgewalk looks amazing! :D

vashts
09-27-2008, 07:29 AM
I use those plugins all the time, I really want to thank James for them, and I wonder if there's a chance to have those compiled for LW64? I really can't model anymore without those plugins, they are part of my workflow and carefully mapped to shortcuts, and I'm trying to move from Modeler32 to Modeler64, but I can't without them..
James, please, give us the 64bit version! :bowdown:

vashts

jaxtone
09-30-2008, 04:31 AM
The links you have added are not working!

hunter
10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
The links you have added are not working!

Try:
http://www.symmetrix3d.com/index2.php?page=plugins.php

jameswillmott
02-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Many thanks to Mike Wolf (www.infinimap.com) for porting these, much appreciated.

I'm reposting the 32bit version as well.

Julez4001
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Has edgepack been updated since 2009?

Snosrap
06-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Not sure but it's included with LW10 now.

Matt
06-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah it's the big modeler update in 10! I love buying something that was free already and won't see an update ever from now on :(

James kindly offered them for LightWave, I see nothing wrong with including something very useful that people _asked_ to be included, and he has fixed bugs in them since he's been on the team.

Oedo 808
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
James kindly offered them for LightWave, I see nothing wrong with including something very useful that people _asked_ to be included, and he has fixed bugs in them since he's been on the team.

Oh man, I don't want to come across as anti-NewTek, but I think what Chunder is getting at is that out of all the almost infinite parallel universes, while;

"James kindly offered them for LightWave, I see nothing wrong with including something very useful that people _asked_ to be included, and he has fixed bugs in them since he's been on the team." Might be uttered in many of them;

"James kindly offered them for LightWave, I see nothing wrong with including something very useful that people _asked_ to be included, and we have fixed bugs in them as he's left the team." would only be uttered in one, the one which also happens to be where I get pleasure from a night of passion with Christopher Biggins.

And let me tell you, that ain't this one.

jameswillmott
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Oh man, I don't want to come across as anti-NewTek, but I think what Chunder is getting at is that out of all the almost infinite parallel universes, while;

"James kindly offered them for LightWave, I see nothing wrong with including something very useful that people _asked_ to be included, and he has fixed bugs in them since he's been on the team." Might be uttered in many of them;

"James kindly offered them for LightWave, I see nothing wrong with including something very useful that people _asked_ to be included, and we have fixed bugs in them as he's left the team." would only be uttered in one, the one which also happens to be where I get pleasure from a night of passion with Christopher Biggins.

And let me tell you, that ain't this one.

Yes, as far as I know management hasn't told me I've been relieved of my duties, so it looks like the hot night with Christopher Biggins is also out.

Oedo 808
06-16-2011, 04:46 PM
so it looks like the hot night with Christopher Biggins is also out.

You'll never know how much it hurts to read those words.

jameswillmott
06-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Yes, it had been hosted over at Liberty3d for a while until just recently.

Not sure but it's included with LW10 now.

Yes.

Yeah it's the big modeler update in 10! I love buying something that was free already...

I was asked by many people if I could offer the pack to NewTek, it was free for years, and still is, no one is paying extra to have the pack included.

...and won't see an update ever from now on :(

Unsubstantiated. I will be updating the toolset as bug reports, feature requests and management decisions direct.

JeffrySG
06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for allowing NT to include these, James! Just an easy way for everyone to have immediate access to great tools!

jameswillmott
06-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Thanks for allowing NT to include these, James! Just an easy way for everyone to have immediate access to great tools!

They'll get more updates most likely too!