PDA

View Full Version : Eligable to receive V9?

lilrayray77
07-08-2006, 10:11 AM
All this talk about V9 has got me thinking. I bought lightwave acedemic earlier this year, without knowledge of an upgrade. Later on I became aware that I was able to participate in the beta testing. Now a new question brews in my mind. Am I eligable to receive the V9 upgrade, or does my acedemic liscence prohibit that?

Nicolas Jordan
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I upgraded from Lightwave 6.0 Educational Version to Lightwave 8.0 Full Commercial version a couple years ago. If I remember correctly I just had to pay the difference between the educational pricing and the full pricing if Lightwave to upgrade to 8.0. I upgraded through my local reseller. I dont know if anything has changed or not from when I did my upgrade.

CreepinJesus
07-08-2006, 11:10 AM
I bought LW 8 from a shop here about 2 weeks ago, and it was only when I checked on the Newtek website for updates that I found out about V9...I can't afford to upgrade at the moment :(

Pomfried
07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
You should be able to get your LW v9 without any problems. I have got an educational license too and will receive my upgrade when it's done :D.
And since you are able to participate in the open beta program, you will also get your upgrade (or else you wouldn't be allowed to participate :D)

Kurtis
07-08-2006, 07:34 PM
If you purchased LightWave full or upgrade, whether it be educational or commercial, after August 01, 2005, you should qualify for a free upgrade to LightWave v9. If you purchased an educational license, you will receive an educational upgrade.

In this case, an upgrade from an educational license to a commercial license must be purchased separately. Whether or not you can do this though will depend on how long you have had your educational license registered.

If you have any question about whether or not you qualify for a free upgrade to LightWave v9, or about upgrading from an educational license to a commercial license, please contact Customer Service at [email protected]

lilrayray77
07-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the info, it is good to here. I want to learn LW a little more before I buy the commercial upgrade.

BusyWolf
07-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks for the info, it is good to here. I want to learn LW a little more before I buy the commercial upgrade.

:i_agree: I'm with you there, I bought mine directly from NewTek and it said with a free upgrade to nine. I have quite a bit to learn myself before I buy the commercial upgrade. Nonetheless, I'm anxious to get LightWave 9!

:thumbsup: And thanks Kurtis for the confirmation. :jam: