PDA

View Full Version : Install Procedure

caddaraman
07-07-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello, I want to install ver. 9 when it is officially released. I am currently running ver. 8.5 and I also installed the very first ver 9 beta when it was first released. My ver 9 beta has obviously been expired for some time, I was working on a deadline project at the time and did not want any surprises so I did not participate in the beta like I would liked to have done. My question is: What procedure should I follow after I download the final official release of 9? Do I uninstall 8.5 as well as my old 9 beta? I only have added maybe one or two plugins for modeler ie: surface-split for sure and maybe one more, I installed LWCAD that was the 1.5 version that was included in the pre-release upgrade deal. I have also purchaced the pre-release LWCAD 2.0 which I am really looking forward to using, Any and all advice on this simple procedure would be greatly appreciated. .......Thanks in advance.

gjjackson
07-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Best to just download RC22 and download it. It shouldn't interfere with v8. It will ask you to uninstall any previoius versions of 9. The current install doesn't include the docs. What I did was go back to RC21 and install the docs and then reinstall 22 without removing 21 so as to keep the html help.

Kurtis
07-07-2006, 11:10 PM
You will want to uninstall the open beta software, and install the release software, once that happens. You can have both 8.5 and v9 installed on your machine if you want. That's up to you.