PDA

View Full Version : Exporting for the web...

lilrayray77
07-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Anyone know if it is possible two export an animation, directly from lightwave, in a single .gif or .swf? Otherwise, anyone know of any free software capable of compiling images into a gif or swf?

Silkrooster
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Try doing a search on C|Net Downloads for avi to gif or avi to swf. you should get some hits for free or shareware. address is www.downloads.com
Silk

lilrayray77
07-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Ill check it out. Also, I tryed using Adobe Image Ready and I can import the frames just fine, except the frame rate in image ready is very slow. Anyone know if it is possible it increase the fps in Image Ready?

Kurtis
07-07-2006, 11:24 PM
In the Animation window, there should be a number at the bottom right of each thumbnail. Click on the number, and you can select a preset time per frame or enter one of your own by selecting Other. You can also reach the time per frame setting by right clicking on each thumbnail.

ThriJ
07-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Here are two great programs that will help you out.

The GIF Animatior is free and simple but, gives you extra controls. I use it along with Photoshop CS2.

But only the CoffeeCup GIF Animator can Export to Flash SWF format

http://www.jhepple.com/gif_animator.htm

lilrayray77
07-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the help. Unfortunatly neither of the animations programs load png, tgs, psd sequences. Also, no matter the delay I set in Image ready, the frame rate is really slow. Ill keep playing and looking.

anim8erWP
07-11-2006, 08:17 AM
You should be rendering out to .BMPs. You can use Lightwave to convert existing renders. Start a new scene, and load your existing sequence of images. Set this as your backdrop image. Set render options to output BMPs. Lighting or objects in the scene are not necessary.

lilrayray77
07-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Ill give that a go, I suppose I dont need to save out lossless images for the web.

BeeVee
07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Yike! BMP is a horrible format! Weighty, with no alpha channel support and sluggish to load with anything other than Windows. Use *anything* but BMPs please.

B
PS Attached is a file that really deals with importing images into LightWave, but is also good for saving images as well...

anim8erWP
07-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Most of the programs that create animated GIFs on the PC read only BMP or JPG. There is no choice in the matter. The BMP is not going to be used in the end product, so compatability with the Mac is unnecessary. It's the final .GIF that matters.

bcicio
07-31-2006, 07:10 PM
It isn't free, but if you happen to have access to Coreldraw 10 or higher you will find their poor man's Flash program R.A.V.E. bundled with it. Start a new "movie", import an .avi file, and export it as an .swf Flash file. I've had nice results with it.