PDA

View Full Version : Lwo to XAML plugin

regularfry
07-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi all,

I've just uploaded the latest version of our Lightwave object to XAML converter to the server at http://www.shaxam.com. This is the first version we're making public, so anyone who's at all interested in targeting WinFX should go and check it out.

It's a free, Lightwave 9 *only* Modeler plugin that'll convert the active layer to a XAML Viewport3D for messing with either in Expression Interactive Designer, or directly from code. There are more details in the README that comes in the download, so go grab it for the weekend.

I'm off to SpinQuad to spread the good news...

Para
07-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi

I saw your product earlier at http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=209587 Looks very nice, keep it up!

sculptactive
07-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Yes thanks

regularfry
07-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Good to know there's interest :)

Let me know if you run into any problems...

Bog
07-09-2006, 02:56 PM
I helped too ;)

We're doing some truly kickin' stuff with it.

You can, too :) Let's play...

Edu
07-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Mhhhh... very important the work you're doing. I'm partime webmaster / .net developer and graphic dessigner / illustrator... a moth before I went to an Microsoft campus to see working the new Expression tools. Of course, Interactive Dessigner were the one whose made me visualize the forthcoming changes in the data and comunication user experience.

Some time ago, I tested Erain's ZAM 3D, looking for a starting point to the new XML based 3D paradigma... but in my mind was LW. These was one of the reasons I updated my old LW 6.5 to the new 9, waiting for something new in the XAML panorama... and voliá!. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I readed these two words in the title of this thread... "LW" and "XAML".

Of course, I've downloaded it immediately, and the next week I'll start to experiment with it... mhhhh... the panorama looks great.

Well, I hope to see more news from your work over here.

Bog
07-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Edu,

You can expect to see some very rapid work with Shaxam. ERain are nice guys and all, but LightWave's been in development for about 16 years now, and there's just no way you can duplicate the power of that in a couple of months. This is why it made so much sense to Regularfry and I to create a pipeline between one of the most powerful modelling and animation toolsets going - our ever lovin' LightWave - and something that's gasping for decent 3D content.

The Modeler plugin will remain free, but we're working very hard on a Layout plugin that will take all manner of keyframey goodness straight into a ViewPort3D. We'll be asking for money for it, but not an awful lot - convenience money, if you will - but if we have our 'druthers then LightWave will be the De Facto design tool for Vista.

Avalon111
03-20-2007, 05:06 AM
I have just downloaded and tried the exporter plugin (the online export/convert facility is still there but offline as it seems :S )

LW9 does not add that exporter as plugin. "0 plugins found in 1 file"

LW8 can add it as plugin. but as soon as you want to export something -> "plugin failed to start"

options?
development stalled?