PDA

View Full Version : Modelling a bike.

DJ Dougster
07-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Hi folks,

I hope someone out there can assist me.

I want to do a 3D model of a bike on Lightwave, and I'm not too sure where to begin.

It's all very well looking at pictures, but what kind of shapes would I use to get started? Box, ball, disc, cone or whatever? Is there any tutorials online about how to create a bike?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dug

jthompson3d
07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
There are a lot of frees ones on www.turbosquid.com Great website for all 3D users.

Bike Selection on Turbosquad (http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?INTFILETYPE_3=0&INTFILETYPE_1=0&BLSHOWCATEGORYSELECT=false&INTRATINGCOUNT=0&ISTSEARCHKEY=bike&INTFILETYPE_2=0&INTCATEGORY=-1&INTBUNDLEID=&ISTINCAUTHOR=&ISTEXCAUTHOR=&FUSEACTION=ProcessSearch&FLTRATING=0&DATEBEFOREPUB=&INTMEDIATYPE=-1&STGBOOLEAN=L&INTMAXPRICE=&STGTYPE=&DATEAFTERPUB=&BLSEARCHGAMEREADYONLY=FALSE&INTSTARTROW=1&ISTEXCKEY=&INTMINPRICE=&stgAD=15J244404040441&stgOrderColumn=A5&intSortOrder=1&blViewType=1&intMaxResults=50)

:thumbsup:

anim8erWP
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Motorized or pedal type?

DJ Dougster
07-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the reply guys.

It's working now, it was the camera position. It took a lot of moving around to get it to work.

One other question... how do you control the speed of objects in layout? My scene is of bikes racing round a track. The test renders I've done only last 8 seconds so I'm trying to find ways of making it longer.

Thanks!

Skinner3D
07-17-2006, 06:27 AM
:stumped: The easy answer to this is to add more frames or did I miss something? If you want an object to go faster you put less frames between the start and end points. If you want it to go slower you do the opposite. I hope this helps.