PDA

View Full Version : Help with selling LW 7 ?

RorrKonn
06-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Hello

I need to sell the Full version of Lightwave 7 box version for Windows..
I have the LW 7 CD,Manuel,Printer port dongle.and the original box that it all came in.
thought that $1250.00 U.S.A. Money was a good price.

seen about eBay.
but with eBay ya need bank account and credit card.that I don't have.
didn't really understand all the selling fee's either.
but I need the $$$ so I can't give eBay a large %.

So how do you sell LW 7 with out eBay or something like that ?
where ya need bank accounts and credit cards.that I don't have.

Thanks for ya help
RorrKonn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

TyVole
06-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Keep in mind that Safe Harbor sells 7.5 new (with a free upgrade to 8) for only $995.

Wade
06-03-2003, 08:59 AM
995 - with upgrade to 8 is a deal and then some!!!

RorrKonn
06-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Took a while for me to get LW 7.I really don't want to sell LW 7.I need $$$.
One day I will get out of school,not half to worry about $$$ as much :)

Ya several months after I got LW, I herd of a deal where ya get LW 7 with all the desktop education DVD's.
I've only gotten 2 so far + the 1 that came with LW 7.

Need 72 hours in a day.8 hour to work at McDonalds.24 hours for home work.6 hours to sleep.
34 hours to 3D :)

Didn't want to sell LW 7 for $ 1250 it's worth alot more to me.
not about to sell for $500.
I am guessing the upgrade from 7 to 8 would be $200 to $300.
I would like to see 8.

Humm wonder how much I can get out of my marble collection ;)

RorrKonn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

Wade
06-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Need cash! Try and find work doing 3D with Lightwave or Photoshop work - whatever kind of graphics you can. You may be able to pick up a few hundred bucks for some work nights or weekends. As a student the things you would learn trying to get work, pricing your work, doing your work for a client and getting it done on time would be as valuable as class time IMHO.

Its likely that the first job or two will not go well, you will not get it done on time, or it will not turn out as well as your client or you would have liked, or you may not get paid. Ouch!!! BUT!!! Once you have learned how it all works well then there is money to be made - 10.00 bucks an hour is doable. 50.00 or more an hour is possible! So why not ask around find an outlet for your work. Maybe you make 5.00 bucks an hour on the first job or two - so what its an education as well - what are you paying for school?

Do a T-shirt design for a soccer club use Lightwave to create it and render a cool mascot. So you get 50.00 for a weeks work, but now you have portfolio material, and experience under the belt - go to town show us what you got.

Really jump in the waters fine.

Make Lightwave, and your schooling pay - work with what you know. A look at your web site shows you are able to produce work - so all you need is to find a client, and then it's money in the bank.

So you need to sell Lightwave, you DO need to sell your work, you need to sell yourself - no really - just doing 3D is not enough, you need to sell it - find a market - be it mainstream or a niche and sell!!!

Ok I have now motivated myself to finish a proposal to get more work.

Best to you.

Wade