PDA

View Full Version : Keyframing Color Changes-can It Be Done?

LORDCHILL
07-07-2006, 03:40 AM
This thing i'm working on has a texture that moves as if it is breathing. Now, i'd like to change the color of this texture from blue to red to green and back again. I can't seem to figure a way on my own to keyframe this action, i haven't been able to find anything tut wise (granted i haven't looked as hard as i probably could). Is this possible, or am i stuck with gradually changing the color over the course of a few hundred frames manually? Does any of this make sense?:help:

kruemel_1
07-07-2006, 04:43 AM
Set the texture blending mode to Multiply, then the luminosity of your texture controls the brightness of your surface color. Now you can animate the surface color with the envelope button.

LORDCHILL
07-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry, but i don't understand what you're trying to say. How does luminosity change the color of a texture from blue to red? There is no envelope that controls the color over a period of time as i can see. Can you clarify this please. I've attached a screen shot of my settings to show what i'm doing at this point. (ignore the space ship, i have two monitors and that is the wallpaper on the other one)

kruemel_1
07-07-2006, 02:36 PM
On the "Texture Editor WELL WALLS Color" (the left window) Set the blending mode to "Multiply" (is "Normal" now). On the Surface Editor (the right window) is and "E" button left of the "T"extrue button. With this button you can animate the surface color. It will work better if you set the color of your crumble texture to white, so you have a better contrast - the luminosity i mentioned before.