PDA

View Full Version : Screamernet2 Help?

ChrisTC
06-02-2003, 03:16 PM
I'm having trouble with the second computer when I use Screamernet. The files simply aren't being written from the second computer onto the shared network drive. In the LWSN window it tells me that the files are being written to the correct place, but they are just not there...so basically I get every other frame. The first computer is the one that I am running LightWave from.

These are direct copy and pastes from the target properties of the LWSN shortcuts. Maybe someone can recognize a problem with them:

first computer:
L:\Programs\LWSN.exe -2 -cL:\Screamernet -dL:\ L:\Programs\job1 L:\Programs\ack1
second computer:
L:\Programs\LWSN.exe -2 -cL:\Screamernet -dL:\ L:\Programs\job2 L:\Programs\ack2

Thanks for any help on this!

Matt
06-02-2003, 03:28 PM
Nothing wrong with your command lines, it's your config files.

I had a similar problem when I had to set SN up again, I solved it by re-scanning my plugins making sure LW was running using the shared config file.

Are you sure your config files (LW3.CFG and LWEXT3.CFG) are in the top level of your L:\Screamernet directory?

They should be according to your command lines.

ChrisTC
06-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Matt:
It looks like the config files LightWave is referencing are the wrong ones. How can I tell LightWave to reference the config files in my Screamernet folder? I tried rescanning my plugins, but it didn't seem to save the new directory that I chose.

Thanks!

Matt
06-04-2003, 05:06 AM
the easiest way I've found is:

1) Create a folder in your host machines shared screamernet directory called 'config_sn' (or whatever)

2) create a new shortcut to lightwave in your start menu (or where ever you normally run LW from) and called it LightWave-Screamernet (or whatever!)

3) Right click the shortcut and bring up it's properties

4) In the target field enter the following:

C:\LightWave\Programs\lightwav.exe -0 -cc:\LightWave\config_sn

NOTE: the lack of spaces on the -c switch - important!

-0 = turn the hub off, optional

-cc:\LightWave\config_sn = point this shortcut to your screamernet config folder

5) now run that shortcut to LW and re-scan your plugins.

6) now make sure your screamernet nodes all point to the 'cc:\LightWave\config_sn' folder, or whatever you used.

should work!