PDA

View Full Version : Norton Internet Security & LW Problems

korn_kid
02-18-2003, 01:15 AM
I just install Norton® Internet Security 2003, and now whenever I run Lightwave 3D® (7.5)It takes forever to load. Does anyone else have this problem when using NIS or NPF? What can I do to fix this.
other notes:
When I first launch LW I got a message "hub.exe is trying to access the internet, what do you want to do..." then "lightwav.exe & modeler.exe...what do you want to do..." I choose "permit" ,then after that does messages didn"t show up again.
system notes:
P4
MS Windos® XP SP1
LW 7.5

Skonk
02-18-2003, 08:02 AM
The communication between Layout, Modeler and the hub is classed as network traffic, they all act as both client and server apps, so firewalls can cause problems. Iv used zonealarm without any problems but its posible that your firewall is taking a bit of time to check the packets set between the lightwave programs and thuse making lw laggy or completely blocking some of the data. I dont really know what u could do to fix it other than changing to a different brand of firewall.

James..

TerryFord
02-18-2003, 10:39 AM
I had the exact same startup lag probel with NIS, solution; get zonealarm.

Regards,
Terry

Judas_Childman
02-18-2003, 10:35 PM
This is not uncommon since the hub uses TCP/IP as the bridge for Modeler and Layout. The standard round of solutions are generally as follows:

1)remove the firewall

2)have the firewall accept the activity from the hub or tell it to ignore the hub

3)use a different firewall application

4)diable the hub.

L8tr

korn_kid
02-23-2003, 07:33 PM
I disable the hub and know it works just fine.
Thanks...:) :) :)

rabid pitbull
02-25-2003, 10:04 PM
just tell norton to allow it, this is not a problem since it is really only talking to your own computer. no biggie, disabling the hub is a major loss in capability.... :eek:

Bytehawk
02-26-2003, 06:43 AM
the major one being regular backups of your models (you can configure that on he hub.

In case modeler dies on ya or you forget to save before running that plugin (had this happen to me yesterday)