PDA

View Full Version : Changing order of spline points

gridman
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
I am making an object follow a spline path. I know how to set up the motion and the object is following the path. The problem is it's starting at what I want the end to be and going to what I want the beginning to be. So, I think I defined the spline points in the wrong order.

Is there an easy way to reverse the order of the points?

Thanks.

ACLOBO
07-06-2006, 01:31 PM
if you created the spline in modeler and then converted it as a path for layout, try "flipping" the spline in modeler before exporting it to layout as a motion path. The key to flip polys or paths is "F."

-Adrian

gridman
07-06-2006, 01:46 PM
That worked like a charm. Thanks!

sunspot
11-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Ok I am a frustrated newbie. So bear with me. I am using this old tutorial which I think is not the exact same method as the one mentioned above.
I am having well bore tools travel down a pipe. The pipe is rail extruded from the spline in question. I am using a copy of the original spline.
It is working great in one direction.

Tutorial:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/tutorials/animation/object-path/index.html

Is there any way to KNOW the direction of the spline other than to just remember which way you drew it originally?
I keep flipping it and trying it and everything keeps going the same way. Then I flip again and things still go the same way!

Thanks,

Barbara

TripD
11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
In polygon mode, with Show Normals checked in Display > Layout, you will see a small bubble at the tail of your spline.

Edit: If the spline is selected that is.

sunspot
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I should have asked more questions :-)

Barb