PDA

View Full Version : Lwave in Parrallels

griggsyboy
07-06-2006, 04:11 AM
Hey all,

while i use lwave happily enough in rosetta or on windows using bootcamp on my mactel, i cant get it working in parrarrels.

for those of you who dont know parallels allows you to have a virtual partition where you can run windows xp or linux in os x with not much slow down, admittedly its no where near as fast as bootcamp, it could be handy as i can see it being faster than lwave in rosetta.

I can get the programme installed no bother, but i cant figure out how to get the usb dongle recognised.

Has anyone managed to get it working????

swpspce
07-06-2006, 03:41 PM
no real reason to do that - parallels can only access 8mb of video memory.
probably not enough video ram to launch lightwave in Mac OS X through Parallels virtualising windows.

stick with bootcamp for now...

does lightwave run in discovery mode?

griggsyboy
07-10-2006, 03:10 AM
yeah discovery mode runs on my intel imac with 256 mb of ATI card in its guts, havent tried it on my macbook tho

Ambival
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Also, I understand that Parallels doesn't support HW 3D acceleration anyway. You might have to bite the bullet and use Boot Camp or just run native once the UBs arrive.

bruno
06-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi, It works, what you have to do into parallels:
menu actions / install parallels tolls with your dongle in.
dont forget to rescan the dongle via the newtek registration utility.
And dont mess up with the two different platform registration like i did.

Haven1000
06-25-2007, 01:37 AM
What I find I have to do to get LW working in Parallels is, once you have Parallels loaded remove and reattached the dongle and LW will recognise the dongle and Discovery mode will not be activated.

archijam
06-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Also, depending on which LW dongle and version you have, you may need to get the latest driver from safenet - I also thought this was a bug but now it works fine, also from bootcamp.

j.

jeremyhardin
06-25-2007, 08:10 AM
And also of note, Parallels now supports 3d hardware.