PDA

View Full Version : Does this Line up???

CaptCarty
07-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Can Any1 check this print out for me, I cut it up, but it doesnt seen to line up, or am I just Taking crazy Pills?:help:

hrgiger
07-05-2006, 04:23 PM
You may be taking crazy pills. It seems to line up ok with me. I didn't compare the front views with the side views since they are lined up that way in your blueprint, but even if it doesn't, it's your job to adjust it. If one view is slightly off from another, just stretch the one view (in photoshop or whatever paint program you use) to match up with the other. They might not line up to the smallest mm, but sometimes you work with what you have.

CaptCarty
07-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Yes, I have been tweaking this print in PS, but for some reason only the front view doesnt line up, C&C.

heres whats happening, see attached.

RudySchneider
07-06-2006, 01:54 PM
So, it would seem a bit of "artistic license" is warranted...

loki74
07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
maybe I just suck at this stuff, but I've never had a case where the various views line up perfectly, so I just pick one to be most faithful to... but you're right, that is off by a pretty big margin, considering it is a diagram and not a photo... hmm.

CaptCarty
07-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Ok, whats would be the best way to fix this? cause im still learning Lightwave. I have tryed a few of the on-line Tuts, for setting em up, but they dont explain how to deal with 1 of the views not being correct like this.

this is the sizes I have: ( after photo is sliced up )

top: H 279, W 720
side: H 228, W 720
back: H 228, W 277
front: H 228, W 277

hrgiger
07-08-2006, 08:44 AM
CaptCarty, there is no way to fix this, no special software that will make your views line up exactly. You can distort the images somewhat to stretch them out to line up better, but you may not be able to get them to line up perfectly and one detail in one view, such as the hood lines, may not line up perfectly in another. Sometimes there isn't a lot of good reference material and you have to use what you can find. Just as RudySchneider said above, a little artistic license is warranted. You just have to use your best judgement when you lay out your splines/polys as to how it is going to represent your object the best. I hate when the reference doesn't line up perfectly, but sometimes, that's all you have to work with. For me personally, I use reference material such as these blueprints to gain the overall proportions of the model rather then every last detail.

evenflcw
07-08-2006, 08:45 AM
"So, it would seem a bit of "artistic license" is warranted..."

This is the simple truth. Many blueprints simply aren't perfect, so you just need to deal with it. Either take the decisions when modeling or alter the blueprint in photoshop if you don't like freestyling when modeling. Obviously use photoreference in both cases if you care enough.

Also, I would lower the brightness of the images. I suggest opening the Image Editor and setting brightness to -0.565 (turns white into viewport grey).

CaptCarty
07-08-2006, 09:48 AM
tnx for the Replies, as I am still learning Lightwave I just wanted to make sure that I was doing it correctly, I just figured since they didnt line up, it was something I was doing, but like many said already, blueprints dont always line up, :(

guess, i will make do.