PDA

View Full Version : DV Codec

anim8erWP
07-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I want to render my animations directly to an .AVI with the DV codec. In my list of codecs, I cannot find one that says DV or MiniDV. On other machines, it was clear as to which codecs to uses. On this machine, Premier Pro and Lightwave were installed first. Later, I had an IEEE-1394 card installed. Premiere Pro works with the card, I get playback on the camcorder. My guess is that whatever DV codecs are loaded on the machine now, Lightwave is not aware of them. Do I need to re-install Lightwave? How do I get a DV codec available to use with Lightwave?

Thanks........ DLF

Avebeno
07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Can you show ( or tell ) us all the available options?

anim8erWP
07-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Cinepak
Intel 4:2:0 Video 2.50 <gives error message
Intel Indeo(R) Video R3.2
Intel Indeo(R) Video 4.5
Intel|YUV codec
Microsoft RLE
Microsoft Video 1
Microsoft H.263 Video Codec
Microsoft H.261 Video Codec
Indeo video 5.10
Miocrosoft MPEG-4 Video Codec 1
Miocrosoft MPEG-4 Video Codec 2 <what I use for CD distribution
CineForm HD Codec V1.2
Full Frames (Uncompressed)

Neuroup
07-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Hello!
Take your animation and render it to frames. You can save it in jpg or in tga. After it launch a adobe premier or after effects and import all frames as folder for adobe premier or as a sequance for after effects after it make move and choose a dv avi and this all. Maybe i'm wrong but also you can make it in windows move maker or in virtual dub. But in Premier and After Effects you can make this operation for 100%

Greets

Bye

anim8erWP
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, I already knew I could do that. Actually, my single image file type of preference is uncompressed TIF. I've got 20+ minutes of animation in that format. Importing the folder in Premier is kinda slow. I use Lightwave as a file converter/compresser as well as Premiere. Preferably, I would render to a DV codec in Lightwave and edit in Premiere. DV is used as my "base" codec and file format. Rendering to individual frames has it's adavantages (power failures, lock-ups, re-rendering mistakes, etc....) but adds an extra step to the work flow.