PDA

View Full Version : 2 minute Horror Film Short

digital verve
07-04-2006, 12:48 PM
I recently finished this 2 minute horror. Been doing some corporate videos and thought it was about time I did something fun to do, fictional, short and simple. Using two actors and Fusion 5 for the effects/compositing. Including rotoscoping the actors face to be greenish with yellow eyes and black lips, the spreading shadow plus a few other things. Lightwave 9 was used to create the volumetric smoke that transforms into the actor playing the demon.

Looking to improve my film making skills so any crits would be good to hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWtVIUDjxo

digital verve
07-11-2006, 05:53 AM
I got feedback on the general filming etc on some other forums, but would really welcome comments on the Fusion and Lightwave effect shots, especially from fellow Wavers and Fusioneers :)

Trying to get my skills upto a good standard for broadcast effects. Am I getting close? What works? What doesn't? Looking forward to some comments. Thanks.

SP00
07-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi,

I"m kinda new with Fusion, but one thing that I did notice was the typography. I'm not sure if the current type face works with the movie.

roger1972
07-31-2006, 06:27 AM
I dont think a person with her head chopped off will walk :-D

digital verve
07-31-2006, 07:06 AM
I dont think a person with her head chopped off will walk :-D

The nervous system still works for a short while after the head gets lopped off. A uncle of mine saw someones head get chopped off by a sword and the body still walked on for a fair bit. :) True story and partly the inspiration.

SP00 - I agree with you on the typeface.

stevecullum
07-31-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey really cool!

The only crit I got is, is at 1.27 there is a red transition between her leaving the kitchen and running for the door. I personally would have shot that as her scabbling for the door as she tries to flee in sheer panic! (As seen through the eyes of the curry demon.)

But overall great job :thumbsup: