PDA

View Full Version : "LWSN -3" vs. Lightwave: render speed

brainysmurf
07-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Has anyone experienced getting different renders (that both actually complete correctly) when rendering under lightwave vs. lwsn? And why do the rendering speeds differ so much? LWSN is so much slower!!! Please respond to this as it may determine what tool I go with. Thanks

Celshader
07-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Has anyone experienced getting different renders (that both actually complete correctly) when rendering under lightwave vs. lwsn? And why do the rendering speeds differ so much? LWSN is so much slower!!! Please respond to this as it may determine what tool I go with. Thanks

I always thought LWSN was faster at rendering than the LW GUI, but there might be one thing throwing off LWSN when rendering a single frame -- the time it takes to load all of the objects/images involved with a scene. When you hit F9 in the LW GUI, the objects/images are already loaded.

I don't know if that's what's slowing up your LWSN, though.

paulhart
07-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Like CelShader said, generally LWSN is faster, probably with the exception she noted. I usually like to use Amelto on my renderfarm (three old machines networked to the fast mainstation) and have noticed that the time frames for the render as usually always faster than Lightwave by itself.
Paul