PDA

View Full Version : DFX+ opinion

Anti-Distinctly
07-01-2006, 05:16 AM
I'm considering getting DFX+ as I can't afford fusion. At the moment I have access to adobe aAfter Effects, so how does DFX+ compare? Can it do more/less? Can you do green screen removal? What situations have you found it useful in?

digital verve
07-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I am using Fusion 5, but I have found it to be an excellent tool. It is a more powerful compositor that AE because of the nodes and you can work with 3d well. Has a nice particle system too. AE is better/easier for some motion graphics especially for fancy titles, plus has great plugin support. Ultra Keyer (probably an extra module in DFX 5) is good with green screen footage, providing the green screen is evenly lit and the subject is well lit to separate itself from the screen. The Primatte plugin (an extra purchase) is better for more difficult less than perfect greenscreen shots, plus some other advantages. I only tested it though in DFX 4, not 5.

Anti-Distinctly
07-05-2006, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the reply :) I'm not interested in motion graphics, which seems to be AE's main focus. Comping is what I'm after. Mainly for tweaking and putting together various lightwave passes. Green screening ability is just something I'd like so I'll have to check if the Ultra Keyer comes with DFX+.
Just wish these things weren't so expensive :)

habaņero
07-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Did you catch the new pricing for Shake?

Its macbased obviously, but way powerful node based system.