PDA

View Full Version : who's going to the launch party?

monovich
06-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Got the invite to the 9 launch party. who's going from here? It just so happens to be 5 min. from my house. in Hollywood. heh, how's that for luck? The Spider Room is a very cool club/location, by the way. I RSVP'ed for two.

Digital Hermit
06-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Hmm ... did not get one ...

(Digital Hernit, puts on his Stedson cowboy hat and begins to comment.. )

Besides y’all, its kinda funny, that we have here a Texas based "bidness" that's not hostin' a launch party in Texas and not invitin’ a feller Texonian ...

Well... well that just ain't TEXAN!

:cursin:

Now, I said my peace...

(Takes off the hat.)

BTW.. have fun and fill us in!

Regards,

Digital Hermit

Carm3D
07-01-2006, 12:41 AM
I'm in San Diego... It's tempting...

JeffRutan
07-01-2006, 12:46 AM
I signed up too! I am in San Diego.
Carm3D: If you are interested in carpooling (I can be a designated driver) please email me.
-Jeff (jeffrutan at mac dot com)

monovich
07-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Besides y’all, its kinda funny, that we have here a Texas based "bidness" that's not hostin' a launch party in Texas and not invitin’ a feller Texonian ...
BTW.. have fun and fill us in!

I'll fill you in.

I think maybe they are holding it in LA because that is where the industry is biggest. lots of FX houses here.

-sf

Lamont
07-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I didn't know it was in LA. Cool, but I can't go... dizzam.

marble_sheep
07-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Ohhh... I didn't get any invite :( I guess just being an employee of one of the aforementioned FX houses isn't good enough...

But seriously... when is it? And how do I get invited? Don't make me crash a Newtek party... lame0rrzzz....

:D

monovich
07-01-2006, 08:04 PM
I have no idea how the invites got passed out. ??

Kurtis
07-02-2006, 08:38 AM
Invitations to the event were sent to registered LightWave owners in California and Las Vegas. Because of the location and timeframe, it was felt that owners outside that area would likely be unable to attend.

When: Saturday July 15, 7:00pm
Where: Spider Club, 1735 N. Vine St., LA
RSVP: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/launchparty

As was stated earlier, the largest concentration of individual users and studios is in the Los Angeles area. Since we're only able to stage one event with SIGGRAPH coming up, it makes the most sense to hold it there. I don't get to go either, so don't feel too bad Digital Hermit. :hey:

Captain Obvious
07-02-2006, 06:04 PM
I would've loved to have been there, but no LW9 for me for at least another few months unfortunately... and there is no way I can afford to visit the US for at least another few years. :/

Initium Thoth
07-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I got an invite and I am in Glendale(15mins away), but I am an amateur(only been modeling for just over a year). Sounds intimidating to just show up as an outsider :) But I am excited about the new release!! :dance:

Carm3D
07-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't be intimidated just because you're green. Everyone was green once. It's not a job review.. It's a party! :tongue:

starbase1
07-03-2006, 03:49 AM
OK so it's a dumb question... But does the launch party mean we now know when it (LW9) will finally come out?

And big thumbs up to Newtek for inviting the little guys as well as the big ones!
:thumbsup:
(Shame I am over here in London UK!)
:thumbsdow

Nick

WilliamVaughan
07-04-2006, 11:01 AM
I hope to see alot of you there!

Kurtis
07-05-2006, 07:03 PM
For those that didn't get the invitation by email:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53429

colkai
07-06-2006, 02:35 AM
OK so it's a dumb question... But does the launch party mean we now know when it (LW9) will finally come out?

And big thumbs up to Newtek for inviting the little guys as well as the big ones!
:thumbsup:
(Shame I am over here in London UK!)
:thumbsdow

Nick
I'm up in the NW-UK, I'm sure there are a host of folks over here who would love to see this stuff but such is life. :(
At least we'll likely hold some form of NWUK LW meeting as and when.
Now if we could get BeeVee over here to show it off. :) ;)

starbase1
07-06-2006, 03:05 AM
Well, Newtek Europe are just a train ride away from London, over in Paris! (And could probably get to London about as quickly as you! :D :D :D )

BeeVee
07-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Well, down near Bordeaux actually... :) In 2008 there's going to be a highspeed train link to Paris. It's already pretty fast at less than three hours for a journey over just about 400 miles, but they reckon they are going to get the time down to about an hour and a half!

B

lilrayray77
07-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I was just in Pasadena, too bad. Anyway sounds like fun, although I think I would feel a little uncomfortable around an entire crowd of adults.

Macet01
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
I thought that I wouldn't be able to go being that I live in NJ (Please don't come here. We're closed :help: ). Then I realized that I would be in LA that very weekend. Happy happy joy joy. Then again I realized that prior committments in LA would prevent me from going. Depression once again set in. The only thing that would make it worse is if some of those fancy Newtek shirts are given away to attendees. :cry:

DonJMyers
07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
And so will a lot of my co-workers at flash film works (like celshader) who are currently working on Disney's "The Guardian" using 64 bit lightwave and realflow to do water.

nthused
07-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm OK with it - too much work to do anyway...

As soon as my 9 shows up - I'll go buy a bottle of wine and party with my new Red Box :)

calilifestyle
07-07-2006, 03:43 AM
Ill be there . i sent my email ... but should i have gotten back an email saying you in . Cuz i never got one.

Kurtis
07-07-2006, 11:13 PM
There's no confirmation, but there's also no secret password to get in the door either. :cool:

The RSVP is to give us an idea of how many people to expect, as well as an idea of who are existing users and who are interested newcomers.

Avebeno
07-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Will someone be there with iChat & a wireless connection?

manholoz
07-08-2006, 12:58 AM
Will someone be there with iChat & a wireless connection?

Yes, at least post some party videos or something the next day!

Wickster
07-08-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm still trying to talk myself way out of a family gathering. Which has been planned way too long ago.

I'm still working my lines

"Hey, we're all family, I've seen you all already, how bout I skip this one coz I gotta go celebrate with my friends in L.A." :D