PDA

View Full Version : Screaming

3D Kiwi
06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Hope someone can help me out with this.

I have a problem when rendering on TequilaScream, the nodes stop rendering for some reason, it seams to be a random fault and i cant pin it down to one scene, I have tried some heavy scenes and also so real easy ones, it just isnt reliable any more. The nodes may render for a while then one for more nodes just stay in ready mode

The way i have it set up is like this

3 PC render nodes, One is a duel Processer so four nodes in total

Every thing is mapped to my Z drive on one machine, On there i have Placed config files, Content, LWSN (it isnt my main LW machine).

All scenes, objects, images etc are placed on this drive within the content folder.

I have upgraded to 8.3 and this is when i got all the problems, With version seven it was rock solid.

I have installed the latest updates from DigitalToon, (tequilaScream and the Node)

Also it isnt just one node that fails, It is very random, I have also found that it seames to work slower than before, eg compared when i had LW 7.
Also this is exactly how i had it set up with LW7 with everything looking at the mapped Z drive, with no faults.

I tried Lightnet and it had the exact same fault.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

bgraves44
07-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Have you double-checked your router, switches, cables etc? It seems like I had a problem like that once that turned out to be a network problem.

3D Kiwi
07-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Hay thanks for the reply, I managed to fix the fault, there is a setting in Tequila (Send content directory), i turned that off and it seams to work fine now, rendered about 30 scenes without a fault.

It still seams to be a little slower than with LW7 so will look into the things you mentioned to see if there is a fault there.

Thanks again...