PDA

View Full Version : Custom Render Size in Lightwave 8.5

outlandish
06-30-2006, 03:38 PM
I've just upgraded to Lightwave 8.5 and need to render for print at a specific resolution. However, when I change the pixel width and height in the camera properties, it always changes back to whatever the resolution dropdown menu is set on. When I look in the dropdown menu, there's no Custom setting in the list, like in the previous version of Lightwave I was using. It's just a bunch of video resolutions. The documentation seemed to indicate that you can do custom render sizes by manually entering a width and height like I was doing. So, why does Lightwave not keep my custom width and height that I've entered? What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Outlanish

RudySchneider
06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Are you sure you're not referring to the size of the render in the Render Status window? During a render, the Render Status window shows either a 320x240 or 640x480 display. Once the render is complete, the actual render display should pop up, provided you've enabled an Image Viewr in the Render Options dialog box.

At least, that's how it works for me...

outlandish
07-01-2006, 08:53 AM
No this is the actual size of the final render. The final render always reverts in size to what was selected in the dropdown render resolution preset menu. It won't let me specify my own size.