Not too shabby.

Amhras
06-29-2006, 06:13 PM
hmmmmmm...links not workin'.

SaturnX
06-29-2006, 06:22 PM
hmmmmmm...links not workin'.

The server hosting the site is probably being inundated by traffic. heh

The teaser wasnt supposed to be released until July4th.
There were various leaks relating to the teaser today, and screen shots...
So the powers at be decided to officially release the teaser... immediately.

mjcrawford
06-29-2006, 07:02 PM
very nice... I just wish they would have shown one clear shot of Megatron instead of a shadow and blown out back lit. I will be waiting for 7.4.7 though!

Bog
06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Michael Bay. I can't remember. Does he get things right, or cornhole them entirely?

I see the whole "Crashed millions of years ago" theme's been ditched.

We'll see. The tech is up to doing a Really Darn Good Transformers Movie. Let's hope human frailty doesn't bone it.

DiedonD
06-30-2006, 04:22 AM
I cant believe it.....it......it is...finally........finally.... becoming reality......:dance: :thumbsup: :D

As you say...lets hope they dont mess it up ....AGAIN!!!
They should transfor to weapons, cars, plains and the like, not animals and bloody dino's.

I havent heard from Megatron for decades. Actually I always liked him more for some reason. Also Galvatron, his later being. With his heavy gun at his right hand and transforimg to heavy weapons an all. Also I adored his evil high negative temper :thumbsup:

Two questions though? Is it a real movie, unlike a cartoon?

And when will we get to see in thatre and OWN a copy at home?

Should be a cartoon for a Dreamworks pictures, but maybe not.

Thanks for showing the link SaturnX. But why would worshiping the Transformers be foolish :stumped:

You dont think Im a fool do you!?

EmperorPete
06-30-2006, 06:09 AM
The fans are already complaining about the teaser; the sky on Mars is wrong (although according to the NASA pics, the Martian sky CAN be blueish), we don't see much of the robots (the leaked shot of a possible Bumblebee earlier this week didn't help; it's a very radical design), and so on.
HELLO; it's a TEASER.
A lot of them are comparing it to the current Spidey 3 teaser, totally forgetting that the FIRST Spidey teaser (the pulled one with the WTC in it) didn't actually show you much either.
*sigh*
Fandoms, eh? ;)

Bog; A leaked script DID pop up a while back, and was fairly poor; however, it was also a four month old draft at the time it was leaked. It's likely to have changed a lot since then. They have been trying to listen to input from fans as much as possible (even going as far as to audition Peter Cullen, the original G1 Optimus Prime, for the same role in the movie. Fingers crossed on that one).

Kuzey
06-30-2006, 06:14 AM
It's a good idea, I hope it turns out supercool.

Did the original ever have an ending?

I remember watching it and one day they (tv network) started repeating it from the beginning.

Kuzey

DiedonD
06-30-2006, 06:47 AM
The fans are already complaining about the teaser; the sky on Mars is wrong (although according to the NASA pics, the Martian sky CAN be blueish), we don't see much of the robots (the leaked shot of a possible Bumblebee earlier this week didn't help; it's a very radical design), and so on.
HELLO; it's a TEASER.
A lot of them are comparing it to the current Spidey 3 teaser, totally forgetting that the FIRST Spidey teaser (the pulled one with the WTC in it) didn't actually show you much either.
*sigh*
Fandoms, eh? ;)

Bog; A leaked script DID pop up a while back, and was fairly poor; however, it was also a four month old draft at the time it was leaked. It's likely to have changed a lot since then. They have been trying to listen to input from fans as much as possible (even going as far as to audition Peter Cullen, the original G1 Optimus Prime, for the same role in the movie. Fingers crossed on that one).

Oh my the original voice of legendary leader Optimus Prime. Man if he were real I would follow him to hiell and back.

Where could I go and give em an input Pete?

So a Teaser is pretty little stuff right. Where the creators try to get some feedback with the present results. Like to secure launching of their product,right?

No I dont think that the episode, which Ive recorded most long ago, ever ended. In a desperate need of a clousure of the whole war, in one episode there was a virus that made every robot and human evil killers. Optimus prime used his ...I forgot what its name was, but the leader of Autobots would inherit it and would keep it inside his heart. I cant remember its name. Anywho, he uses that to kill of all viruses with its shiny blue rays.
So Galvatron appraoches him and says "There will not be a war tday Optimus Prime, you earned Galvatrons Respect".
I kinda imagined that he said "There will never be war again Optimus Prime, Youve earned Galvatron's respect". Thats the closest it ever got to ending anyway. And he did say the word "today" like "tday" and very fast, kinda like maybe he meant there wont be wars anymore.
But maybe its just me :)

mattclary
06-30-2006, 07:19 AM
I was a few years to old when the Transformers were big, just never could see the charm. The whole idea just seemed kind of retarded.

What I would like to see, is Thundar the Barbarian! Ok, not really, but it was a pretty cool cartoon when you were 12 or 13. :thumbsup:

dwburman
06-30-2006, 09:15 AM
A teaser is usually done a year or more before a movie is released and shows very little footage and often nothing about the plot.

Michael Bay from imdb.com:
Filmography as: Director, Producer, Actor, Miscellaneous Crew, Himself

Director - filmography
(In Production) (2000s) (1990s)

1. Transformers (2007) (filming)

2. The Island (2005)
3. The Lionel Richie Collection (2003) (V) (video "Do It to Me")
4. Bad Boys II (2003)
... aka Good Cops: Bad Boys II (Malaysia: English title)
5. Pearl Harbor (2001)
... aka Pearl Harbour (UK: promotional title)

6. Armageddon (1998)
7. The Rock (1996)
8. Bad Boys (1995)
9. Shadows and Light: From a Different View (1992) (V)
10. Great White: My...My...My... The Video Collection (1991) (V) (video "Call It Rock N' Roll")

Filmography as: Director, Producer, Actor, Miscellaneous Crew, Himself

Producer - filmography
(In Production) (2000s) (1990s)

1. Untitled Friday the 13th Sequel (2007) (in production) (producer)
2. The Hitcher (2007) (filming) (producer)
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006) (post-production) (producer)

4. Pissed (2005) (consulting producer)
... aka In the Blink of an Eye (USA: new title)
5. The Island (2005) (producer)
6. The Amityville Horror (2005) (producer)
7. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) (producer)
8. Pearl Harbor (2001) (producer)
... aka Pearl Harbour (UK: promotional title)

9. Armageddon (1998) (producer)

diedond: should be in theaters in the US July 4, 2007 & Dreamworks has done many live action films, some really good ones.

I hope they do a good job with it.

Meaty
06-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Michael Bay. I can't remember. Does he get things right, or cornhole them entirely?
Cornholes them entirely. He made Pearl Harbor and other bad movies. :thumbsdow

Kinda funny actually. Has anyone ever seen Team America: World Police from the makers of South Park? Well, in a moment of random targeting, Trey Parker and Matt Stone decided to knock on Michael Bay. A song montage had the following lyrics.

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark,
When he made Pearl Harbor.
I miss you more then that movie missed the point,
And thatís an awful lot girl.
And now, now you've gone away,
And all I'm trying to say,
Is Perl Harbor sucked and I miss you

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school,
He was terrible in that film.
I need you like Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part,
He's way better then Ben Affleck.
And now all I can think about is your smile,
And that ****ty movie too,
Perl Harbor sucked and I miss you

(Interlude)

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies.
I guess Perl Harbor sucked,
Just a little bit more then I miss you.

too funny!

sample from amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clipserve/B00031TXTU001008/0/ref=mu_sam_wma_001_008/103-5422303-9365468

:dance:

iconoclasty
06-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Undoubtedly this movie will get vandalized in terms of plot and substance. However, I think that its coolness will be dependant on the VFX team, not the "director". I don't care if the dialog sucks, if I see one really really well done CGI shot of Optimus Prime transforming, it will be worth my $7.50
So long as the Transformers are done justice visually, I'll be happy.

Bog
06-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Hear hear, Iconoclasty.

Looking at that filmography, I'm not so sure that Bay's the wrong man - The Rock and Armageddon are two of my favourite popcorn movies. They're just a good larf - which would be just dandy for a movie of a saturday morning cartoon to be.

Eeeh. Transformers. Cool. But then, I prefered Zoids when I was a nipper, 'cause you got to actually build them. Probably explains a lot, really...

Zencrono
06-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Firstly what studio is producing this film,dreamworks?
What about Mainframe entertainment? They created beast wars and beast machines,they should make this with dreamworks.

reply to "The megatron must be stoped":Have you ever watched beast machines? He's trully a insainly evil robot with an agenda & willing to achieve it at all costs,even obliterating his own troops.
What if the movie sucks,what does everyone think?

"I hope he dosen't use the term "yessss!!!" in the movie.:hey:
~Zencrono

DiedonD
07-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Firstly what studio is producing this film,dreamworks?
What about Mainframe entertainment? They created beast wars and beast machines,they should make this with dreamworks.

reply to "The megatron must be stoped":Have you ever watched beast machines? He's trully a insainly evil robot with an agenda & willing to achieve it at all costs,even obliterating his own troops.
What if the movie sucks,what does everyone think?

"I hope he dosen't use the term "yessss!!!" in the movie.:hey:
~Zencrono

I hope its nothing like Beast Wars. And nothing like Transformers in the Japaneese version, where they had swords instead of attached or dissattached weapons.
Also alot of characters werent themselves. Sy Clones the loyal evil 2nd in command of the decepticons to Galvatron, was made a fool, a complete idiot.
The transformers transformed into elevated beeings as well as into animals and dinos.
None were their original previous selves by their looks neither, and above all, the second in command for Megatron, the most evil of all characters that Ive ever known, Starscream, became a very loyal self sacrificing 2nd in command to Megatron :thumbsdow :screwy:
They had totaly ruined their personas.
Even Megatron was made a lazy coward, always sitting and ordering around, and unable to carry out his threats when disobedience occured, which occured alot!
Why! In one serie, when Megatron hit Optimus prime with his attached right hand weapon, Optimus couldnt come back to himself for the whole of 5 minutes.
I know cause I was counting them, just to show the damage to a loyal Optimus Prime fan :thumbsup:
I mean, Starscream the evil, egoistic, sharpshooter, bowing down instead of Megatron so as to serve him better......Yuck. The only time he would do that would be if threatened by his life right there and then by Megatron himself (ad no other for that matter), and followed afterwards by soundless curses to him.
Thats more like him :)

Also Optimuse Prime used alot of "do it...Thats an order!" and still autobots would come up with better ideas than his order and dissobey him. And its not like its a better idea, or it happened only 2-3 times in a week of series, but it happened 3 times in each serie, belowering his authority. Optimuse Primes soldiers would obbey him dearly, always telling him how good his orders and ideas were. And when he said "Thats an order!" they would do it even if it meant death. Not constantly questioning his orders.
And alot more, I dont have time to tell you...

DragonFist
07-01-2006, 05:23 AM
:agree:

Bog
07-01-2006, 06:53 AM
Diedond +1.

Big-screen popcorn-and-soda version of the 1980s Saturday Morning cartoon would, frankly, rock. I'm not after precicise characterisations (though I heard a rumble about voice-testing the guy who originally voiced the G1 Optimus Prime somewhere (might even have been here)), I'm after Big Robots turning into Big Vehicles or in one case a gun.

That would be my optimum watchability.

I'm still more'n' likely to cough up my movie-money to see it, regardless of the inevitbale slew of vitriolic reviews.

'Cause it's Transformers! They're more than meets the eye.

And I want an out-take where Optimus Prime can't get his leg folded back up properly and Hot Rod's stood to the side saying "No, no dude, you have to twist it to the right, then tilt it back..."

That'd make me laugh.

iconoclasty
07-01-2006, 08:09 AM
No, no dude, you have to twist it to the right, then tilt it back...

That's just hilarious. Now I'm going to be super disapointed if they DON'T have that.

EmperorPete
07-01-2006, 04:53 PM
But then, I prefered Zoids when I was a nipper, 'cause you got to actually build them. Probably explains a lot, really...
I still do; got a new one last weekend :)
diedond: the decent stories were in the old Marvel comics.
[/geek]

Bog
07-02-2006, 06:22 AM
I'm a really sad git, I preferred the old-model Zoids - the new ones all seem to be either lions, tigers or wolves rather than more esoteric types.

Eee, back when I were a lad... *fiddles with ear-trumpet*

DiedonD
07-03-2006, 03:08 AM
Diedond +1.

Big-screen popcorn-and-soda version of the 1980s Saturday Morning cartoon would, frankly, rock. I'm not after precicise characterisations (though I heard a rumble about voice-testing the guy who originally voiced the G1 Optimus Prime somewhere (might even have been here)), I'm after Big Robots turning into Big Vehicles or in one case a gun.

That would be my optimum watchability.

I'm still more'n' likely to cough up my movie-money to see it, regardless of the inevitbale slew of vitriolic reviews.

'Cause it's Transformers! They're more than meets the eye.

And I want an out-take where Optimus Prime can't get his leg folded back up properly and Hot Rod's stood to the side saying "No, no dude, you have to twist it to the right, then tilt it back..."

That'd make me laugh.

Ah yes , there was Ranimus Prime, turned Hot Rod after giving his Matrix (I remembered what was on the leader of the autobots heart)/ He wasnt all that bad of a leader. I started watching Transformers back then from the time when he became leader actually. But he wouldnt add up to be Optimus Prime I guess.

I still do; got a new one last weekend
diedond: the decent stories were in the old Marvel comics.
[/geek]

What do you mean by that Pete?!

ACLOBO
07-03-2006, 07:29 AM
I really hope that Peter Cullin does the voice of Optimus Prime. He was the voice actor for G1 way back in the day.

Unfortunately, Chris Latta, the guy who did the voice for Starscream and Cobra commander is dead. So, no reprisal of a voice role there unless they use some old recordings. Other favorite actors that did voices are long gone too - like Scattman Cruthers (Voice of Jazz).

I watched Beast Wars for a while and liked it. I especially liked when they made references to Generation 1 (With things like finding the Ark and bringing in characters like Ravage). I always liked Soundwave. He was second to Megatron. Starscream was just always jocking for a better position.

I hope they have the "triple changers" in the movie.. I really like "Blitzwing."

-Adrian

DiedonD
07-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I really hope that Peter Cullin does the voice of Optimus Prime. He was the voice actor for G1 way back in the day.

Unfortunately, Chris Latta, the guy who did the voice for Starscream and Cobra commander is dead. So, no reprisal of a voice role there unless they use some old recordings. Other favorite actors that did voices are long gone too - like Scattman Cruthers (Voice of Jazz).

I watched Beast Wars for a while and liked it. I especially liked when they made references to Generation 1 (With things like finding the Ark and bringing in characters like Ravage). I always liked Soundwave. He was second to Megatron. Starscream was just always jocking for a better position.

I hope they have the "triple changers" in the movie.. I really like "Blitzwing."

-Adrian

Starscream/Cobra COmander is dead !!!! Oh noooo....!!!! Thats so sad :(

Also where they went back to see Optimuse Prime travelling in time or so, was very nice for those moments where original Optimuse Prime was in.

Soundwave wasnt second to Megatron. He was his most trusted soldier maybe but thats the most he got. He obeyed Starscreams command in several occasions, also upon Megatrons death, Starscream automatically assumed command.

SaturnX
07-04-2006, 06:01 AM
Well, in regards to the 'teaser' trailer... they've already adjusted the autobot logo... a logo that has been FIRMLY established for decades i might add... they've adjusted it to look like a cat.
Well done key personal involved in trying to do the transformers movie... 'right'.

Why... WHHHhhy... when they have stupid amounts of cash to spend on hollywood films, do they change things, that SHOULD not.. DO NOT... need to be changed ??

the logo has slightly smaller eyes, and the upper half.. has been tweaked. enough to make it very different. sigh.
Its a tiny issue i guess in relation to the sheer magnitude of the transformers...

i still think a 10hr long big budget tv production.. (similar maybe to taken) would have worked better... fully and properly establishing all the characters... be it human or robot... and then a follow up movie.

DiedonD
07-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Well at least it has preserved most of the old logo. It hasnt becomed something as revolting as in Beast Wars, where the logo for autobots was animal like and for the decepticons was insect like.

I just saw the teaser actually. Didnt know where to click before. I dont know what has Mars to do with any of it. If decepticons where on mars for example they would fly to earth long ago for energy box. What Im worried is, I hope they dont screw up the all important story. If the story has flaws, regardless the painstaking 3d work that would relate to it, it still wont be alright.

Luckily, nobody seems to mention this, but I saw Steven Spielberg's name in it too. He should rap things up. This guy KNOOOOWS.... He dedicated the whole War of Worlds to bacteria, and "Nobody dies in vain" statement.
I think he is reaching his old age, so his art tends to speak up his worries.
Well, I hope they have a good story again.:thumbsup:

The only bad thing is that its on 7.4.7 :( . What on earth am I going to do till then?!

dwburman
07-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I watched Beast Wars off and on. I thought the visual style (especially the liquidy explosions) was cool in the 2nd part of the series (on cybertron) but I don't remember much of the story. I thought it was odd that the CG version of transformers was animal based rather than machine based. You'd think cars would be easier to do in CG than animals... maybe they didn't want to do people. I watched the original series in the US a lot when I was a kid. Of course, I didn't care as much about the quality of animation back then. Most TV animation from those years doesn't hold up very well.

I don't think they need to keep the convention of the "energon cube". The necessity to capture energy can stay but blue cubes filling up is a bit hokey. The convention worked in the series but I don't think it's necessary in a 2 hour movie.

The way the ark scaned the surroundings to choose vehicle bodies for the autobots was cool.

I wish they made Bubble Bee a VW Beetle (new or old) but I've read that he'll be something else.

The Decepticons always seemed disorganized and hampered by their in-fighting. How many plans were ruined by Starscream or others acting out their own selfish desires? That'd be a good element to keep perhaps.

Hopefully the film makers will keep the parts of the show that I liked.

I don't expect it'll be great but hopefully it'll be great fun.

DiedonD
07-05-2006, 08:10 AM
And theres something in the attached weapons that they carry. In one episode, Starscream was attacked by two Autobots on his right with weapons, and he just raized his arm and shot their weapons away (this is the disadvantage of a non attached weapon), and just then two more autobots where running towards him, and he just shoot in the middle of them so as the blast blow their attempt. Since then we named him Starscream the evil sharpshooter.

Weapons attached to you.... Like Wolverine, except its a weapon with apparently endless ammo's. How do you like that. It kinda effects personality even. If we had organically attached weapons on us, then we shure as heck probably need them to evolve into such a being. Its there I might as well shoot somebody :)

Galvatrons weapon did indeed look like a male genital, when I come to think of it. It mustve been a psychologic design maybe. But when he transformed to that huge weapon.... He blowed small planets appart.

ACLOBO
07-05-2006, 08:22 AM
The whole "Mars Rover" scene is not part of the movie. The Teaser is just that - it is a teaser to get people interested. So, take that for what it is worth.

I agree that certain things should not be tampered with. I had not noticed that the Autobot symbol had been messed around with until it was mentioned. Michael Bay and Spielburg couild be a good thing or a bad thing wit this movie. BOth have done some good films. Both have had some overhyped and poor movies in my opinion (War of the Worlds anyone?).

-Adrian

DiedonD
07-05-2006, 08:34 AM
The whole "Mars Rover" scene is not part of the movie. The Teaser is just that - it is a teaser to get people interested. So, take that for what it is worth.

I agree that certain things should not be tampered with. I had not noticed that the Autobot symbol had been messed around with until it was mentioned. Michael Bay and Spielburg couild be a good thing or a bad thing wit this movie. BOth have done some good films. Both have had some overhyped and poor movies in my opinion (War of the Worlds anyone?).

-Adrian

This is the second time this is mentioned. I looked at the Autobot logo while the Teaser was downloading, also in the end of the TEaser when "Transformers" logo transformed to the Autobot logo.... and I cant see it modified all that much. Could anyone post both pictures in here maybe, so as everyone could see the differences. Thanks.

As for having both good and bad movies... theyre human... so they MUST balance the good and the bad. Its in ze blood :devil:

SaturnX
07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
here's a rough comparison...
It was only a teaser, and im sure the powers at be had their reasons for the ident change.
Whether it works or not, its a fairly bold change. heh
hmm... im still thinking cat-bots.

DiedonD
07-06-2006, 06:22 AM
Ok im looking at it right noooooowwwww..... and appart from color change, which should look something like that if it were photorealistic..... other modifications in the logo are way too small to be noticed really!...

I would say appart from the above, the model of the logo is pretty much identical, isnt it?

Anyone else's thoughts?

Bog
07-06-2006, 07:02 AM
I can't actually call that difference "important" except in the most persnicketty nit-picking designer sense of the word. Even if you were doing a cheap knock-off transforming robot toy, you'd have to change the logo more than that to get away with it.

SaturnX
07-06-2006, 08:14 AM
http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6045

DiedonD
07-06-2006, 09:03 AM
http://www.vfxtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6045

Theres tons of information in that site SaturnX, whats your point?
Could you highlight a specific area maybe that you intended to connect with the logo's differences maybe?

SaturnX
07-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Theres tons of information in that site SaturnX, whats your point?
Could you highlight a specific area maybe that you intended to connect with the logo's differences maybe?

okay, i posted that link.. as it gave more information on the teaser graphics.
It hadnt much to do with the ident change, and that isnt why i posted it.

dwburman
07-06-2006, 09:30 AM
The differences I see are
1) eyes may be slightly smaller and face slightly bigger probably due to the bevel not being as big.

2) lines (eyebrows?) over the eyes are longer

3) The triangles on the forehead are different

4) the top corners slant up at the sides making them look a bit like cat ears

The changes don't bother me except that it is a bit more cat like. It's pretty much par for the course to "update" stuff like this when repackaging it for a new product. I for one am glad design didn't stop developing in the 80's.

DiedonD
07-07-2006, 05:56 AM
1) eyes may be slightly smaller and face slightly bigger probably due to the bevel not being as big.

The changes don't bother me except that it is a bit more cat like. It's pretty much par for the course to "update" stuff like this when repackaging it for a new product. I for one am glad design didn't stop developing in the 80's.

I see... Now that you mention it, I can see the differences. But maybe it is still safe to presume that its not that much of a change in logo. The first time this issue came up, I was destressed thinking that they messed up the logo... AGAIN!... while trying to do something better. Immediately the logo of beast wars came to my mind.

Me? Me, I can live with this little change... the forehad has thee most change as I see it, while I still cant see the side things as cats ears for some reason. Perhaps in the old logo, the color covered the cats ears better, then this almost flat bluish green color that is now.

But hang on a minute... Is the Decepticon logo somewhere there anywhere? Theirs is different, as you know.

I hope Starscream retains his old persona :)

DiedonD
07-07-2006, 06:08 AM

I see... Now that you mention it, I can see the differences. But maybe it is still safe to presume that its not that much of a change in logo. The first time this issue came up, I was destressed thinking that they messed up the logo... AGAIN!... while trying to do something better. Immediately the logo of beast wars came to my mind.

Me? Me, I can live with this little change... the forehad has thee most change as I see it, while I still cant see the side things as cats ears for some reason. Perhaps in the old logo, the color covered the cats ears better, then this almost flat bluish green color that is now.

But hang on a minute... Is the Decepticon logo somewhere there anywhere? Theirs is different, as you know.

I hope Starscream retains his old persona :)

iconoclasty
07-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I think the logo changes are pretty minimal. I always got the "cat bot" impression from the old logo as well.

DiedonD
07-08-2006, 06:19 AM
Wonder if they interact even, I mean robots among themselves (Autobot or Decepticon)

Its this thing with photorealism. How real do you go, you know? I think they may try to justify somehow their interactions in language terms. Like for example:
Since in Beast Wars they scanned the area, regain some life form signals, whom they transformed into afterwards. Maybe they could scan the area, and notice people speaking among themselves, and lets say they come right into US, Canada, UK or some other English speaking nation, thus they scan the area and automatically capture and learn English language, which they then use to interact.

Its not human and from the galaxies far far away. It wouldnt be all that real if they just came in our world, and coincidentally humans too like them happen to use the exact same english language.

Assuming that they will start from the beginning of course. First they come, and steal energy sources, then Autobots come and stop them, an all. If from the begiining we are already on the middle of a war, then the creators could skip this problem.

Bog
07-12-2006, 08:07 AM
This made I larf:

http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/20050207a.gif

SaturnX
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Hahahahaha... :D

Stooch
07-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Not to burst anyones bubble, but i feel that the idea of having an ancient robot race that transforms into contemporary styled vehicles is utterly retarded.

what in the **** was the use for vehicles that are designed for humans who didnt even exist back then? what a retarded concept. i can see the story is going to suck fundamentally from the get go.

ditch the vehicle idea and you dont have transformers anymore, just bigass robots. But that to me would make more sense. Hold on, as i laugh at the concept of a robot whose design is compromised in order to achieve a completely useless form. How can a vehicle traverse stairs? why should a robot transform into a vehicle that is obviously made for humans? a flying vehicle seems a bit more useful... Im glad that a ****ty director is stuck directing a ****ty concept. atleast talent wont be wasted on this POS and neither is my money.

iconoclasty
07-12-2006, 03:39 PM
I was going to write a response to this, but Stooch clearly never watched Transformers and, therefore, does not understand their functionality or why they resemble present day machines. You're clearly dissing a storyline you're not even remotely familiar with.

Stairs?! What stairs does a giant freaking robot have to worry about?

Stooch
07-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Actually i did watch the cartoon and quite familiar with the characters. dont be upset that i shot your beloved story full of holes, but thats not their fault. The story was made for 8 year olds who did not have critical minds, nostalgia is probably this movies main selling point. I just found all the talk about a quality plot and story kind of ironic. lol.

btw, tahts just my opinion, sorry if you disagree with it and feel free to enjoy the movie...

iconoclasty
07-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I don't think that anyone is arguing that this movie isn't banking on nastolgic worth. I'm not trying to claim the story isn't crazy, but you're forgetting how some of those plot holes were filled. If you're a robot who has the ability, why wouldn't you want to change to another form to provide quicker transportation? And it's not like the ancient robots were built to resemble the current automobiles. They assumed those forms and disgarded their old Cybertronian forms. They didn't want to stand out amongst the humans. Come on that's totally plausable. You could pass Optimus Prime on the highway and never even know it.

Bog
07-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Yup. Back on there homeworld, the idea was that they could become humanoid to do, y'know, humanoidy things and then switch to vehicles to rapidly travel long distances. To roll is faster, and to take a lot less power than to bipedally travel. To have pins is to make stairs a doddle. It does kinda make sense.

I think Optimus Prime was some kind of dock worker or other mass-hauler before he ended up leader of the Autobots. Hence the truck form - looking like an American truck was basically tweaking his "Road Mode" to terran camouflage.

Not that we take this too seriously or anything, no sir. We're just artists exploring the meme. That's all.

I wanted to be Optimus Prime when I was a kid.

Stooch
07-14-2006, 08:21 PM
I wanted to be Optimus Prime when I was a kid (and still do).

I SAW THAT!

lol.

I wanted to be a jedi.

DiedonD
07-15-2006, 04:43 AM
I think Optimus Prime was some kind of dock worker or other mass-hauler before he ended up leader of the Autobots. Hence the truck form - looking like an American truck was basically tweaking his "Road Mode" to terran camouflage.

Not that we take this too seriously or anything, no sir. We're just artists exploring the meme. That's all.

I wanted to be Optimus Prime when I was a kid.

The history as I remember in Transformers after deathe of Prime (ADP) is like so:
All robots were designed to serve the Quicktesans, those five faced floating beings with tenticles. They had a vicious control over them, killing anyone who didnt obbey or didnt do its work rightly. After killing the robot they were thrown to a pit where they came back upgraded, and smarter to serve better.
But it was a two edged sword, eventually all were aupgraded and smarter to ignore the hard regime. So there was a queue, and the Quicktesans left Cybotron running away for their lives.
Of course this is long after Yunicorn and the light force encountered each other, but thats prehistoric times.
Then robots among themselves started having conflict over ideas, some wanted conquest some wanted peace, thus devisions occured.
The leader of Autobots was Alpha Trion nicknamed later on a "future" epizode as A3. WHile the leader of the conquest idea was Megatron from the beginning. Megatron murdered Alpha Trion with his huge black gun.
Just before death Alpha Trion passed on the thrown of the leader of Autobots that was connected to the Matrix, a powerful device that gave power, strength and wizdom to the leader.
After that they expanded their conflict on Earth. And eventually, either Prime beats Megatron, or Ranimus Prime (the future leader of Autobots) beats Megatron, this point isnt clear, but Megatron gets beat and thrown accross the galaxy on a lava big meteor like area. Where upon staying there like alot of robots did when they were thrown to the Quictesan pit, he too became tougher and became Galvatron. And the rest you know, they battle with simingly no end, appart from that near miss to the conflict that I described on a previous post.
So Optimus Prime wasnt a mass-hauler, he was Alpha Trions most trusted and loyal assistents, in an already made higherarchy, and conflict between the ideal opposing robots.

Just wanted to clear that point, and give sone timeline :thumbsup:

Cheers

Kuzey
07-15-2006, 04:58 AM
I SAW THAT!

lol.

I wanted to be a jedi.

I wanted to be the Monkey King, from the Monkey Magic tv show :hey:

Kuzey

iconoclasty
07-15-2006, 08:25 AM
I wanted to be Cobra Commander. Except not so wussy.

DiedonD
07-17-2006, 02:25 AM
I wanted to be Cobra Commander. Except not so wussy.

Him and STarscream are symbols of evil to me. Cobra comander, in the movie of GI Joe was far more dramatic than in the epizodes.

I dont want to sound like a wiseguy here, but after wanting to be the next epizodes or movies hero, while I was a Kid, I slowly end up wanting to be the one who makes heroes instead. Thats why Im in LW :newtek: :lwicon:

BCazzell
07-17-2006, 02:44 AM
Bumblebee is a new camaro.

Bog
07-17-2006, 04:32 AM
I thought Bumblebee was a VW Beetle?

That's it, they've ruined it for me. I'm going to go watch the next Jennifer Aniston chick-flick instead.

Not.

colkai
07-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Debbie Does Dallas, now there's a film worthy of your attention :p ;)

DiedonD
07-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Is Camaro a car name? Like Ford, BMW for instance. If so, then I was afraid that this might come up to be an adv movie. All the worlds most known cars would budget this movies's realization. I was aware of that from the beginning, but not all the way to this point where its all noticable.
Whats next, Jazz transformes into a Mercedes Benz with its own logo right next to the autobot one?! :thumbsdow

And where are our manners, we cannot afford not to mention the traditionally best seller of Pamela Anderson Thomy Lee - Honey Moon

voriax
07-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I guess it's expected that they will all become the current "cool cars"..
I wonder if that dancing Citroen will be in the movie? ;)

Bog
07-18-2006, 04:08 AM
What, this one? (http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?id=2245)

beverins
07-18-2006, 08:21 PM
The latest ruckus on the flame-war website known as AICN has that Optimus Prime is going to be a Peterbilt "long nose" type truck, and will apparently be either painted blue and gray, or black with flames. No sightings yet of the red&blue color scheme that defines the character.

Personally, I don't mind change, but the Masterpiece Optimus Prime figure shows to me that they can make a Mack "flat nose" look quite majestic, so I have to wonder at the choice. Michael Bay's attitude is that the Peterbilt type truck has more mass, and therefore is a more worthy enemy to the Abrams M1 that is rumored to be Megatron. I guess. Oh, and Optimus is only supposed to wear his faceplate during battle... Really, why don't they just make him into a gorilla while they're at it... LOL (yes, I know about Beast Wars).

Oh, and Bumblebee is supposed to be a 2008 concept Camaro because Volkswagen didn't want their vehicle to turn into a "war robot". I dunno if they asked Mini about the Mini Cooper, which would have been a far superior choice, but.. no.. OK, Bumblebee gets to be as powerful as other racecar TF's like Sunstreaker and Windcharger.

Anyway, hopefully Michael Bay understands that the heroes of this movie are the Transformers and not the humans. Why? Because the only beings that can stop the Decepticons in this tale are the Autobots. The human military should be tremendously underpowered in the face of the TF's Class 3-civilization knowledge and tech. (Humans, according to this scale, are a Class 0). I really hope that its not going to be a coming-of-age story for Spike Witwicky and his attempts to get Carly into the back of Bumblebee's new stylish ride (another AICN rumor about the main plot).

Oh - right.. 3D. So, any leads on which studios are signed on to do the 3D for this ^_^

Bog
07-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Rumour Mill sez it's Digital Domain, but it's a Dreamworks picture so that may be specious.

Cageman
07-19-2006, 04:44 AM
I wonder if those huge robots will be in the film. You know, when several robots form and build a giant robot. Would be awesome! :)

DiedonD
07-19-2006, 08:03 AM
I wonder if those huge robots will be in the film. You know, when several robots form and build a giant robot. Would be awesome! :)

Oh yes theres that too. Contructicans formed into Devastator. That was the first character having to be transformed into. But plenty came along afterwards like Predacans to PredaKing, Aerobots to Superion etc.

Its funny, I always expected dinobots to transform into god knows what, but I guess they were tough enough to stand on their own.

As for the movie. I think they are playing with fire. We dont have pictures or anything, but experience has shown that any slight changes to the legendary Optimus Prime and it just doesnt comes out right. Look at beast wars, and various Optimus Prime models. One that I saw in finished work area, was all looking like the old model except it was white and had openly glassy chest. Only because of those slight changes it was too much to bare.
I think Optimus Primes' image is deeply seeded in our mind, so as any slightly change gets noticed and unwanted. And, its hard to change your childhood desires, if not to say impossible.
I hope they take these matters into account. If they dont, It would be insulting actually. Its like "Naaah who cares what you think, Im gonna make Optimus Prime like this and thats final!" . I hate ignorance, I really do.

Bog
07-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Sorry, Diedond. It seems to be official. Prime's a long-nose cab, with silly bloody flames down the sides. Which is a bit of a slap in the face after one of the props used to first stir anticipation was blatantly G1 Prime-Like:

http://www.transformerslive.com/images/HPIM0587.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/pastuliorocks/transformervan.jpg

But, no. By all accounts, this is what we're getting.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/grimlock5/RealOptimusTruck.jpg

To be honest, I shouldn't be upset. I shouldn't be disgusted. I shouldn't even be mildly nauseated. "Transformers" was always about flogging toys which turned into contemporary vehicles, and flat-nose cabs are probably not as currently saleable as long-nose cabs. They probably won't inspire as many kiddies to be truck drivers, arguably they won't... oh god, I can't go on.

*Editty snip* On further reflection, it's going to be a movie with huge amounts of Very Large Robots fighting each other. What have I really got to complain about, eh?

sadkkf
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
IMHO, Michael Bay has been involved in more movies that suck than movies that are watchable.

Armageddon, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys (both), Amityville Horror: suck.

The Island: watchable.

That in mind, invasion movies are almost always fun. :D

voriax
07-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Hmm, I dunno about Bad Boys or Amityville horror, but the other two movies were destroyed by pathetically written romantic scenes and dialogue.. Well, Armageddon had pretty nasty storyline and dialogue too, but thats not my point ;)

I hope the same doesnt happen with this movie, anyway..
The last thing I wanna see in a transformers movie is some lame-a**ed human romantic side story.. Bring on the action!

sadkkf
07-19-2006, 09:50 PM
My absolute favorite scene in Armageddon is Bruce Willis telling a room full of NASA scientists they put together some drill thing wrong.

The notion Bruce Willis is smarter than a room full of rocket scientists kills me. :lol:

DiedonD
07-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Ronimus Prime had firy sides like that. Optimus DIDNT. What the heck are they doing here, combining the two for "better" results?!

I hate it when good ideas slowly go downwards. But its a year from now. Maybe someone reads this, and bangs this Michael Bay guy, long enough in the head for him to realize that : ITS A BAD IDEA.

I think everyone would agree that the two pictures above that Bog provided are far better for Optimus Prime than this long snouted thing, dont you?

By the way, the decepticon logo seems nice...

Karmacop
07-20-2006, 02:54 AM
If they ruin this movie at least we still have the old cartoon movie :)

Still, I can't imagine that long nose truck being Optimus Prime :(

Bog
07-20-2006, 06:30 AM
Maybe someone reads this, and bangs this Michael Bay guy, long enough in the head for him to realize that : ITS A BAD IDEA.

Michael Bay's website has a forum. People are generally ripping their hair out and wailing blood-lust at the moon over it. He doesn't seem overly bothered.

Then again, they've said specifically that they're going to keep as much as possible under wraps until the movie launches, so this may be sheer misdirection. Rather than crappy directing ;)

ShawnStovall
07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
I cant believe it.....it......it is...finally........finally.... becoming reality......:dance: :thumbsup: :D

As you say...lets hope they dont mess it up ....AGAIN!!!
They should transfor to weapons, cars, plains and the like, not animals and bloody dino's.

I havent heard from Megatron for decades. Actually I always liked him more for some reason. Also Galvatron, his later being. With his heavy gun at his right hand and transforimg to heavy weapons an all. Also I adored his evil high negative temper :thumbsup:

Two questions though? Is it a real movie, unlike a cartoon?

And when will we get to see in thatre and OWN a copy at home?

Should be a cartoon for a Dreamworks pictures, but maybe not.

Thanks for showing the link SaturnX. But why would worshiping the Transformers be foolish :stumped:

You dont think Im a fool do you!?

Hey! Don't bash Beast Wars!:D

I still love them....

DavidL
07-20-2006, 12:46 PM
I typically hate when lazy Hollywood takes old tv shows and the like and makes movies of them. But I hate it even more when they don't even follow the formula of the original. It's like a blueprint; just follow it and make a movie version of the tv show, book, etc. They can't even handle that!

I agree that putting the humans as the main characters or focus will make the movie lame. We're coming to see stuff transform into giant robots and fight, that's it. I don't care if Spike is having problems relating to Sparkplug. But the fact that they even created a love interest for Spike makes me worry that they'll be way too much emphasis on squishy humans. I hate when they have a whole mythology to work with and they feel the need to create new characters. Remember the Masters of the Universe movie in the 80's? There were dozens of characters to choose from and they go and create that little Wildor (sp) guy (who coulda been Orko anyway) and a couple of bad guy bounty hunters. Why didn't they just take from what was already there?!? It's like going to a buffet and bringing your own food! 20 years and I'm still not over it...

sadkkf
07-20-2006, 01:38 PM
I've also been tired of cartoon-to-live-action movies. It seems like a way to show off computer graphics to me. Still, if it's done well, it can be really fun to watch.

Anyone else a fan of G-Force? :thumbsup:

Bog
07-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyone else a fan of G-Force?

No, I preferred Gatchaman. ;D

(Merciful heavens, I am such a geek...)

Regarding making adaptations just to ruin them, I think after:

Starship Troopers
The Time Machine
War of the Worlds
Bicentennial Man
AI (Dear God let me have those three hours back!)
Minority Report
Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
and worst of all I, Robot

I really wish I just didn't care about my childhood reading anymore. Come to that, Make Room! Make Room! was a really cracking novel that was utterly and completely mangled to make Soyalent Green. Which, while admittedly a fairly decent film in it's own right is precicely bugrez-alles to do with the original book.

As virtually all the above are.

It's quite simple, really. People who actually paid attention to this stuff when they were a kid/young adult/adult adult (ahaha) are in a vanishingly small minority. The vast majority of moviegoers don't give a fig, and just want to see stuff blow up and have their anacephalic entertainment while they shovel popcorn into their face.

Me? I chewed the seat in front of me into flinders during I, Robot. The iconic figure of Susan Calvin, bone-dry and suffused with affection only for her metal charges, robopsychologist extra-ordinaire and who was of the opinion that "the fundamental difference between humans and robots is that robots are essentially decent". Usually to be found in sensible shoes, tweed suit or similarly frumpy dress and a lab coat.

In a shiny catsuit and make-up on the back of a motorcycle with an assault rifle.

To use the Valley vernacular ... "Gag me with a spoon!"

'Course the problem is compounded by the fact that I'm an animator. The industry and art-form that I live and love takes it's lifeblood of dosh from the fillum industry - and so, the pinnacle of mine art is more often than not trashing the memories of my own childhood, things that are dear to me even now.

Ah, irony! Ah, ambivalence!

I dunno. When I'm bitter and older, will I exact revenge by giving Pikachu a robot exoskeleton and a particle cannon? How about Spongebob Squarepants ... on ritalin! Will I make a career of destroying stuff that wasn't in my youth, and therefore of little emotional significance to me?

It's hard to say, for certain.

Then again, if I was working on Transformers right now, I'd still be giggling into my coffee muttering "Blowing up huge robots! Wheeeeeeeeee!"

So maybe I should stop being a big fat hypocrite. Heh...

T-Light
07-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Have to say I've joined this one late. Way too old and crotchety to get the significance. Saw an add at the local american multiscreen on Sunday. Impressive right up till the point we realised it was that bl**dy robot thingymagik.

Sorry, but that whole eastern 'faster' 'bigger' 'better' bigger' better' mythology is lost on me. I look at it like swarzeneger/stalone movie of the eighties with a bit more style. The style doen't work, Matrix was IMHO was a great movie, but Matrix II was somewhat lower than crap (bigger more, more, more, none of the creativity).

Is that what this threads about? I don't like to create flame wars, BUT, what the heck... it's a freaking daft cartoon :D

Tell you what, I'll read the reviews, and depending on how much I get burned here, I may just go see it.

Bog
07-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I honestly don't know what I'm saying, T! Part of me is covering my face with my hands and screaming, part of me is insisting that the whole 1980s Transformers thing was just a big product placement for iffy toys, part of me is bouncing up and down shouting "Giant Robot War Movie! WOOOOOO!"

I'm confused....

Brian Arndt
07-20-2006, 05:26 PM
I wanted to be the Tick
http://www.io.com/~kontakt/rileycon/RileyCon_VI/tick.jpg

T-Light
07-20-2006, 05:33 PM
Bog-

part of me is bouncing up and down shouting "Giant Robot War Movie! WOOOOOO!"
Is that it? Coz I quite fancy a giant robot movie :), I just don't fancy a giant robot movie filmed in 'Crouching Tiger Hiden Dragon' style. Don't get me wrong. I'm just not into this 'violence is cool, so long as it's well choreographed type of thing'. I just don't get it.

Sorry guys, I've been to the comic fairs, bumped into the people who think you're 'dirty' coz you're in their way, never understood it, never will :)

Truth is, don't get this whole 'beautifull' easten thing. no matter how well shot.

I get the filmography, I get the artists, I just don't entirely get the fanbase :confused:

mjcrawford
07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
BTW if anyone has not herd, Tyreese is going to star as a military leader in the film.. interesting choice. I saw a interview with him on E! network.

I must admit that the kid in me is just saying "woo hoo! big robots killing each other" but the adult in me is saying "WTF? when is hollywood going to come up with something origanal for the 21st century?"

Bog
07-20-2006, 05:54 PM
mj,

That's the thing that really chafes. They're not doing original, but they're not doing the adaptation as an adaptation. I just don't get this "Let's remake this... but mess with it so hard that it's just different enough to hack off everyone who cared about it last time around!"

Geh.

T-Light
07-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Mjcrawford-

but the adult in me is saying "WTF? when is hollywood going to come up with something origanal for the 21st century?"
Isn't that weird, the East has another perspective, Hollywoods taking the parts that sell, sad but true. Personally Id like to see their drama's, not their action, thing's like 'the ring' show tallent but they're too depresive.

DRAMA, NOT ACTION, their actors are superb...

I'd like a mix, this is the wrong thread for this isn't it?

Terribly sorry for this, but there was a whole 'Ring thing' going and an asian made movie including 'Buffy'. If you like that movie - great, if not, don't go for it. The main actor (policeman) was utterly superb, everyone else was a tad mundane. Hollywood seems to be going for the fanbases here rather than routing out the tallent.

Only my opinions, flame me if that's fair.

mjcrawford
07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Bog,
I agree with you to a point.. I am tired of remake after remake and adaptation after adaptation, and remakes of an adapted remake etc.. But, if you were going to do a remake, I would rather see a whole new storyline than the exact same thing for the purists. A lot of people got mad at the fact that Cyclops died in X-3, but I said Bravo! It was unexpected and I did not like him much anyway.. for the purists did they really want Hugh Jackman to run around in yellow spandex? That would have been silly! I like the Spiderman films, but I do not need to see every superhero ever invented turned into a film.. there is a vacuum in space Sci-Fi right now and rather than coming up with something new.. paramount is going to do yet another Star Trek! I loved Star Trek but please! Death with Dignity!

T-light,
I think that you make a good point, I would like to see more Character driven storys, not just bigger and cooler effects! I have no problem with killer robots, or aliens from outer space or whatever but make the central conflict around people we can care about! Drama and action are not exclusive.. but filmmakers have not learned that yet!

Bog
07-20-2006, 06:51 PM
there is a vacuum in space Sci-Fi right now

More Firefly. Please.

mjcrawford
07-20-2006, 06:58 PM
More Firefly. Please.
:agree:

hmm.. I kinda doubt we will be seeing them much in the future, but who knows? in 20 years they may do a remake along with Transformers 32, this time its really really really personal! :twak: sombody nuke Hollywood.. please?

EmperorPete
07-21-2006, 02:18 AM
But, no. By all accounts, this is what we're getting.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n308/grimlock5/RealOptimusTruck.jpg
According to Hasbro at the San Diego Comic Convention, Prime is going to look more like the Generation 2 toy (long nose, RED with black/blue detail. As a fan, I can live with that.
As for the movie, I'm going to sit back and wait to see what it's like; so far I've done a pretty good job of not getting involved with all the "OH NOES!" threads on various TF forums, and I like it that way. If the movie sucks, it sucks. I still have my chldhood memories to fall back on (not to mention over 500 of the toys ;) )
*goes back to waiting for the G1 Overlord toy he won on eBay last week to arrive, so he can model it*

Red_Oddity
07-21-2006, 03:47 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/07/17

SaturnX
07-22-2006, 08:17 AM
It looks like Peter Cullen is confirmed (finally) as Optimus Prime!
They got that one right.

http://www.iesb.net/

DiedonD
07-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Bog-
Is that it? Coz I quite fancy a giant robot movie :), I just don't fancy a giant robot movie filmed in 'Crouching Tiger Hiden Dragon' style. Don't get me wrong. I'm just not into this 'violence is cool, so long as it's well choreographed type of thing'. I just don't get it.
Sorry guys, I've been to the comic fairs, bumped into the people who think you're 'dirty' coz you're in their way, never understood it, never will :)
Truth is, don't get this whole 'beautifull' easten thing. no matter how well shot.
I get the filmography, I get the artists, I just don't entirely get the fanbase :confused:

It is really complicated. Golden age of Transformers have past, leaving fans scattered without a clousure to the whole great war. So much so, that some (like me) delusionally pick a certain epizode, and change words in it as if it meant something similar to a clousure to the conflict.
So theres the clousure wish in this movie, and if you havent experienced the whole "do as most crazy stuff as you can, because while doing so time passes by faster, so you can catchup with the next episode of Transformers and record a bunch of them on video on the weekend" ordeal while you were a kid, I dont think you would ever understand the fanbase T.
So for them to please old fans they'll have to make the old characters. Having said that, its a two edged sword. If you do something exactly the same, you'll be blamed for lack of originality. If you change the whole characters, you wont be able to please scattered old fans, but you might grab more attention with new CG work.
So they come up with these compromises that shouldve pleased both issues, and both old fans and come up with new artwork that would sum up new fans as well. And in the compromise, CG gets overstressed, and usually filles up the whole movie leaving less and less room for story drama.
And then you have garbage. Garbage that I most certainly, by now, HAVE to look, to finally find the clousure to the child within.
And I also now am certain that the whole episodes were made to promote toys, unlike the other way around, so that just another factor to the complicated issue.

But they have already changed Optimus Prime....so... :thumbsdow

CMT
07-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Bog,
A lot of people got mad at the fact that Cyclops **** in X-3, but I said Bravo!

Please post some type of spoiler warning for those, like me, who have not seen the movie yet (I know, I'm behind on my movies).

I don't mind remakes. But there's no denying the nostalgic value of a movie like this.

Though anything is better than the anime Transformers 'toon which was on a couple years ago. That was utter trash. My niece who liked Sailor Moon *hurls* liked it, which tells ya something. What transformer goes around dancing with tears spewing? ... I can't stand that style of anime.

Toys or not, the Transformers idea was a good one. It deserved it's place on Saturday mornings.

I've got hope that this will be a decent movie. But until it comes out, I'll just sit back, relax and drink up some energon cubes.

Ba weep grah wah weep ninny bong! (Can't believe I actually remembered that!)

DiedonD
07-27-2006, 04:21 AM
I've got hope that this will be a decent movie. But until it comes out, I'll just sit back, relax and drink up some energon cubes.

I remember enrgon cubes.... But what is "Ba weep grah wah weep ninny bong!" ? Is it Transformers related?

CMT
07-27-2006, 09:40 AM
diedond,

It's from the first animated movie with Unicron. After the Autobots crash land on the junk planet, they meet the Junkeons. They were attacked until they used the "universal greeting", then they were best buddies. Pretty cheesy, but memorable.

mjcrawford
07-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Please post some type of spoiler warning for those, like me, who have not seen the movie yet (I know, I'm behind on my movies).

I don't mind remakes. But there's no denying the nostalgic value of a movie like this.

Though anything is better than the anime Transformers 'toon which was on a couple years ago. That was utter trash. My niece who liked Sailor Moon *hurls* liked it, which tells ya something. What transformer goes around dancing with tears spewing? ... I can't stand that style of anime.

Toys or not, the Transformers idea was a good one. It deserved it's place on Saturday mornings.

Sorry about the Cyclops thing.. but trust me that will not spoil the much bigger secrets of X-3.. it was a minor plot point at best... the big ones I will leave for you to discover on your own..(Whatever you do, do not leave until after the end of the credits or you will miss a BIG one) I agree that Transformers may well be a great film, but I am just tired of remake after remake after remake... if each summer there was one or two remakes I would have no issue with that, but look at the major films this summer and man.. almost nothing new!

MI3 - 2nd sequal to a remake
X-3 - 2nd sequal to a adaptation
dead man's chest - sequal to a adataption of a theme park ride
Superman - sequal to a 20 year old remake of a adataptation of a remake of a TV adaptation of a comic book.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - unrelated sequal to a vagualy related sequal to a blatent rip off (this one had some origanal content, but not much)
Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties - sequal to a adaptation of a comic strip
the Omen - remake of a 20+ year old great film
Maimi Vice - Adaptation of a silly cop show

not that these are bad films.. (I have seen all but Garfield and Maimi Vice and enjoyed them all) but none of them have even the slightest bit of origanlity to them!

Ironcily one of this year's most origanal ideas, "The Lady in the Water" is being attacked by critics because it is not more like a remake of "the 6th sence".. give me a fricken break!

I am just waiting for the big "Salor Moon" film to come out! (my daughter loves that show)

I would just like Hollywood to start thinking of new characters, storys and ideas... not just trying to think of what could be remade into a cash cow..

DiedonD
07-28-2006, 02:16 AM
diedond,

It's from the first animated movie with Unicron. After the Autobots crash land on the junk planet, they meet the Junkeons. They were attacked until they used the "universal greeting", then they were best buddies. Pretty cheesy, but memorable.

I remember that one. Its when alot of esteem was given to Autobot new leader Ranimus Prime. He destroyed the devaouring machine with his bare hand, after it was going towards him to devour him to into peaces just like it did to Springer (The green Helicopter/Car transformer). Then you had Cop the old aged transformer, saying:

"Ive seen many stuff in my time...But nothing like that" - and Ranimus' poses heroically.

Is this the episode that you mention? But I still dont know where exactly do they comunicate like that between each other, Junkions with Autobots I mean.

I never understood what the Junkion leader said anyway, did he used that specific term, that would be why I dont remember maybe.

DragonFist
07-28-2006, 02:40 AM
It was something that Cup and Hotrod were talking about all the time prior to the Junkeons. Cup kept trying it on the shark like transformers but it didn't work then Hotrod tries it on the Junkeons (Weird Al Yankovic) and it works with them and they repeat it over and over.

DiedonD
07-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Its so strange. This one skipped by completely. I dont know anything about this "Ba weep grah wah weep ninny bong!" and after watching it over and over as a kid on a recorded video, you would suppose that one would know everything there is about the series.

I guess only certain parts of reality gets filtered after all...

CMT
07-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Its so strange. This one skipped by completely. I dont know anything about this "Ba weep grah wah weep ninny bong!" and after watching it over and over as a kid on a recorded video, you would suppose that one would know everything there is about the series.

I guess only certain parts of reality gets filtered after all...

That wasn't in the series. It was the movie with the cheesy soundtrack (but I still loved it :D ). The movie where Leonard Nimoy was the voice for Galvatron - who Megatron became with the help of Unicron (voiced by Orson Welles). Eric Idol was the voice of the annoying Junkeon who only talked in TV catch phrases...

DragonFist
07-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Aye, but he did it to a Wierd Al song in the background, lol

I think it was "Dare to be Stupid"

Lamont
07-28-2006, 11:54 PM
This may or may not be sad: I watch Transformers the movie at least twice a month.

DragonFist
07-29-2006, 12:20 AM
I am not quite that bad, but I watch it every so often, along with the first TMNT movie (check out the new 3D one coming out!).

I, sadly, take twisted pleasure in showing it to people who haven't seen it before and watch them get all bent out of shape when Optimus Prime dies so early in the film. (Had one guy practically walk out of my house at that point he was so upset by it.)

Yeah, the movie had cheeze but it was cheeze with style. And when I watched it as a kid, I was in a daze for days since many of my heros died, that's right, died within the first half-hour. Something not usually done in Hollywood animation. Especially a big toy placement cartoon.

DiedonD
07-29-2006, 02:46 AM
Which movie is that. I never saw a movie when Optimus Prime died. Whats the name of the movie.

The first serie ever that I saw was after the great war, and when autobots had won. And Galvatron was send all across the galaxy and dumped to that lava asteroid like place. Then Ranimus enters his matrix, Galvatron gives a power show of to his men and destroys the asteroid completely, and theres a huge all out battle on Cybotron. I saw this movie on three episodes. And Autobots meet Junkeons along the way, before being captured by Quicktesans.

So in this movie Optimus Prime was already dead. Only after his heroic resorection where he saves Ranimus Prime (Hotrod) and his men (and women/ like RC) from a decepticon entrapment on a holy grail of Autobots is when I came to know him. And after years pass by, I found out that Optimus was doing battle with Megatron in a previous war.

Then what Ranimus experienced inside his Matrix made sense, and the rest is Internet research.

Could someone please give me a link to the movies that seems like Ive missed. LIke when Optimus Prime dies, or any other movie appart from the one that I saw in three episodes above.

Though its odd for them to die, cause they can get repaired afterwards, but shhhhhhh dont tell me, dont spoil it :) , I may even become an even greater fan after I see that movie :)

Zencrono
05-17-2007, 09:54 PM
Awesome. It's getting ever closer,hoepfully the movie dosen't dissapoint,but it just might:(

I hate Starscream,complete lunitic and totaly dissobediant. Uncapable of correctly following orders. complete duchebag.

Megatron on the other hand.....He completely lost it at the end of beast machines(if any of you ever watched it),he attempted to merge all the rmaining sparks with his own,attempting to make himself "god-like".
Completely insaine. Sure,he made some great points and was more so right on some of them,but to just completely lose it like megatron.....lost soul:)

Zencrono
05-17-2007, 10:15 PM
This is just a thought but...
what if Mainframe(if they even have a film production unit) produced the transformers film instead of Michael baye and dreamworks?
After al,it was mainframe that molded beast wars into existence,wich I thought was a great technological achievment for animation and character design at it's time!!

Zencrono
05-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Which movie is that. I never saw a movie when Optimus Prime died. Whats the name of the movie.

The first serie ever that I saw was after the great war, and when autobots had won. And Galvatron was send all across the galaxy and dumped to that lava asteroid like place. Then Ranimus enters his matrix, Galvatron gives a power show of to his men and destroys the asteroid completely, and theres a huge all out battle on Cybotron. I saw this movie on three episodes. And Autobots meet Junkeons along the way, before being captured by Quicktesans.

So in this movie Optimus Prime was already dead. Only after his heroic resorection where he saves Ranimus Prime (Hotrod) and his men (and women/ like RC) from a decepticon entrapment on a holy grail of Autobots is when I came to know him. And after years pass by, I found out that Optimus was doing battle with Megatron in a previous war.

Then what Ranimus experienced inside his Matrix made sense, and the rest is Internet research.

Could someone please give me a link to the movies that seems like Ive missed. LIke when Optimus Prime dies, or any other movie appart from the one that I saw in three episodes above.

Though its odd for them to die, cause they can get repaired afterwards, but shhhhhhh dont tell me, dont spoil it :) , I may even become an even greater fan after I see that movie :)

What about Unicron? what ever happened to that spawn from hell?

DiedonD
05-18-2007, 05:04 AM
What about Unicron? what ever happened to that spawn from hell?

You mean before or after he got destroyed by that light beast?

Before he was there to create chaos.

After destruction, the light beast, before dying itself, created robots on the form of his own enemy Unicron. Thats the only compromise and they way Unicron couldve been beaten.

And those robots have been fighting themselves ever since. And Transformers, the series that neeeeeeed an ending soooooooo desperately came to be.

There were several attempts to unite Unicrons head with his body Cybotron, especially when Starscreams ghost entered Scurdge's body (Dont know weather I typed it well, but its the third in command decepticon after Sy Clones and Galvatron).

I mean it was as near as jut manually connecting two cables. But it didnt happened. And some other trials as such.

So to answer your question. All I know, is that he remained a talking head for all eternity.

Retroid
05-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Hey guys. Plenty of movie pics on this link. http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Transformers/1808716430/photos/17/2578

Personally, I really don't like any of the designs for the decepticons so far, looks like they were going for some kind of transformers/species hybrid. To me, transformers will always be the big, bulky robots of yesteryear.

iconoclasty
05-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes, the design of the robots is horrible. They're all far too faceted and not "clunky" enough. There's hardly any semblance of what vehicle they were once they're in robot form. When Optimus transforms, you're suppose to still be able to tell he's a semi. Now they're just big, overly mechanized robots that look like every other robot Hollywood has churned out recently.

I mean come on, if you were a battling robot, wouldn't you want a little more armor covering all those gears and wires?

voriax
05-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Hehe, this discussion has been hashed and rehashed a thousand times on boards far and wide across the net..

In the end, the movie had to be someone's interpretation, and they decided that the robots would be more realistic than the cartoon.. I think one of them said, when the robots tranform, everything goes somewhere.
Ergo the bizarre multi-thousand little bits here and there, to make them more interesting and more realistic in their moving abilites, rather than sticking to the old clunky designs.

Still dont like megatron, but I'll leave my final criticisms till the movie's released :)

Cageman
05-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I saw the new trailer over at yahoo... man... when Optimus transforms they have included the original transform sound... the funny thing was that it actually sounded pretty cool combined with the "real" sounds. :) Of course, they did that for the fans of the original series, but it would be cool if they add it into the movie as well... just once... :)

Vision1
05-20-2007, 01:29 PM
i would like to see a making of :D

Twisted_Pixel
05-20-2007, 02:48 PM

Here you go Diedond, don't think I saw anyone else reply. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/

DiedonD
05-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Here you go Diedond, don't think I saw anyone else reply. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/

Thanks I needed that. It looks like Ive seen everything else regarding transformers appart from this movie. And it all started from this one. Im hunting it now as we speak.

What Im looking forward to this movie, is clousure. And I need to see some closure to this story so much, that Ill compromise alot for it. Even if Megatron looks like Yoshimitsu from Tekken Martial Combat game in Sony Playstation.

The only other possibility is for me to make an ending myself sometime in my life, on my movie of transformers, but thats kinda..... aaammm.... too self sufficient like!

guardonduty
05-21-2007, 06:05 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/summer-movies/Transformers/1808716430;_ylt=AkcUE6vFJMKeUKrNhciMxZVfVXcA

how much was Lightwave used

Vision1
05-21-2007, 07:49 AM
i don't know but i also don't know if ilm uses lightwave because i think they use maya alot

but then again i would like to see a making of :thumbsup:

NTComm
05-21-2007, 08:08 AM
The "The Transformers Trailer...sweet" thread has been merged with this one.

mjcrawford
05-21-2007, 11:26 AM
I saw the new trailer over at yahoo... man... when Optimus transforms they have included the original transform sound... the funny thing was that it actually sounded pretty cool combined with the "real" sounds. :) Of course, they did that for the fans of the original series, but it would be cool if they add it into the movie as well... just once... :)

I liked hearing the old sound as well, I also like the look of the new film. but like my post about last years summer films, this year is all remakes and sequels... that part sucks, on the bright side they are big pritty CGI heavy sequals...

Vision1
05-22-2007, 03:03 PM
remember this one :P

Stan Bush - The Touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8vvbRovPO4

unicron defeated :P

iconoclasty
05-22-2007, 03:52 PM
I think one of them said, when the robots tranform, everything goes somewhere.

That's bull. I had the Optimus toy. All his parts went somewhere. His transformation wasn't very unrealistic.

voriax
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
That's bull. I had the Optimus toy. All his parts went somewhere. His transformation wasn't very unrealistic.

It wouldn't have been unrealistic, but they were very clunky. Hence adding so much detail to it. Otherwise they would be odd, clunky looking robots with severe movement restrictions. Remember bumblebee having huge VW beetle bonnet halves for feet? I'd laugh so hard if the movie robots had anything like that. Lets face it, they were pretty comical in the cartoon.
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/news/images/0411/bumblebee.jpg
Imagine that on the big screen! ;) Compare that to the new bumblebee from the movie.. which one is WAY cooler?

They probably did go overboard with detail, just to look cool.
But who cares? If you'd never seen the cartoon, you'd see the movie and go "woah! cool! that car turned into an awesomely detailed robot!".

I'm not all that big on nostalgia. :D

Stooch
05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
the current designs looks better then the originals. But that isnt very hard to achieve because the originals looked like crap. they looked fit for a line of kids toys. oh wait...

the look of original transformers was greatly influenced by the fact that they were made as kid toys. Being a fan of movies that have a story and look better than kid toys. i would have to say that the current characters look better than the movie deserves. In fact I am shocked they even wanted to make a movie out of the series. I can think of better examples of television cartoons of that era that would work better as movie. I am also shocked that people are getting so worked up over a movie they haven't even seen yet, as seen on the cg talk forums. Anyway, lets just see the movie first shall we?

I personally would love to see a "realistic" auto bot transforming into a humanoid while totally forgetting that its full of squishy humans. Maybe a nice family going out for a drive. Imagine the gore! man, that would make a killer movie! lol jk. just goes to show that not all of us go to see the movies for the same reasons ;) (and that some of us need counseling)

Cageman
05-23-2007, 12:25 AM
I am also shocked that people are getting so worked up over a movie they haven't even seen yet, as seen on the cg talk forums. Anyway, lets just see the movie first shall we?

Well, one reason is that there are ALOT of Transformers-fans out there who have played with the toys etc (I'm one of those). Another reason is the fact that it is giant robots making alot of destruction. Fun, yes! Intelligent, no! The designs look kind of strange, esp on the still-images, but what has been shown so far in the trailers looks very promising.

I believe it will be a fun movie! :)

DiedonD
05-23-2007, 04:25 AM

You had Optimus prime!! Wooow! Where is it now?

I had all this soldier level toys like: Fireflight, Deadend, Snarl from Dinobots, and some that never made it to the scene. The only reason I didnt had Optimus Prime was because there werent any, and by the time I actually gathered enough money to buy it it was sold :(

But this time I wont miss it one bit. Ohh Ill buy it alright by any means necessary. My only worry is that, by default, the better the movie, the worse and cheappy looking the toy really is. Cause while your neurons are beeing bombarded by the movie, and you see something similar as a toy, its very tempting for kids to go and buy it, regardless if its cheap plastic and design with same colors just like in the movie.

Safe Harbor
05-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Saw the new trailer last night - and the SOUND was there! You know, that schhh-schhh-schhh-schhh sound when they transform? I hadn't heard it in either of the other two trailers and was wondering if they'd use it or ruin it or just skip it... glad to see (well, hear) that they're keeping it the same!

I can't wait to see this movie. I was the only girl at school (well, probably in the world) that liked Transformers. I had as many of the action figures as my parents would let me get, watched the cartoon every day after school... I'm going to be first in line at the theater! :D

Bytehawk
05-23-2007, 03:25 PM
does anyone remember 'Mask', a transformer like counterpart, but with humans driving the vehicles and no aliens.

That was quite hot over here. Transformers were expensive, Mask toys weren't that expensive. (but still too much for a kid to own them all)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQdgbs0IUDg

Cageman
05-24-2007, 12:31 AM
does anyone remember 'Mask', a transformer like counterpart, but with humans driving the vehicles and no aliens.

That was quite hot over here. Transformers were expensive, Mask toys weren't that expensive. (but still too much for a kid to own them all)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQdgbs0IUDg

Hehe.. I remember watching it alot when I was a kid. I actually had one of the toys. A motorcycle guy. :)

DiedonD
05-24-2007, 05:52 AM
Oh Transformers were too expensive alright. I had to save a whole year thinking that they will wait for me there and I could buy them.

Actually this reminds me of a interesting incident of me back then.

Everyone knew I was a huge Transformer fan. And the only place in the area where Optimus Prime was spoted that was selling was in another country. So I started gathering money for it, and I couldnt gather enough. And my grandma asked about it. I told her I dont have money enough to buy it. She ..... said "dont worry, you'll get it, if you really, really want it".

I was kinda confused, but believing in magic, like a kid you know, I went there. By a twist of fate, my aunt that was cathegorically against buying this "expensive stuff", changed her opinion for 180 degrees immediately after one phone call to my house! She changed from "Out of the question!!!" to "Lets go and buy it fast before its gone". I was kinda suprized but didnt care now, happy that I will be getting the legendary Optimus Prime.

Ironically though I had settled for the decepticon Blitswing, cause Optimus Prime was sold.

Later on I was told that the last wish of my dying grandma was for me to get this "thing" that I was looking for so much.

So I just dont know what to call that!

iconoclasty
05-24-2007, 09:23 AM
diedond: that story kinda makes me want to cry. It just shows how much Optimus has touched all of our lives.

Bytehawk: Mask! oh yes, I had several of the toys. So dang awesome. And thanx for the link, that theme song is epic.

talkfist
05-25-2007, 10:53 AM
There are so many variations on the tformers theme that anybody who gets their panties in a wad over this just shouldn't where panties!

This is goign to be the blockbuster of the sumemr ahnds down. These FX are awesome. I've enjoyed transformers from their beginning in just about all fo their incarnations.

I really enjoyed the Beast Wars version as well as they were the first attempt at any real 3D quality to the animation - a bunch of neurotic robots blowing stuff up is hard to beat.

DiedonD
05-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I just saw TF (I think its alot better with them shortcuts you know, especially that we will be using it all around this thread. Just for the record - TF = TransFormers) the movie here and there. Boy I had missed the real TF's compared to all those non real versions of them. Beast wars is only good cause it was 3D. But Megatron transformers into a dino!!! I dont think so!!

Of course looking at TF now raisez alot of questions about the movie.

I mean, they can fix Ultra Magnus from scrap but cant fix Optimus Prime's wounds? Thats the bigest part! And alot of animation mistakes here and there. Like Thunderbraker reapearing though he just got dumped together with Skyscraper of the ship and was reformed into Cyclones and Sckerge. These to name the few. But shhhhhhhttt, its good, its good. :thumbsup:

Zencrono
05-28-2007, 01:39 AM
I typically hate when lazy Hollywood takes old tv shows and the like and makes movies of them. But I hate it even more when they don't even follow the formula of the original. It's like a blueprint; just follow it and make a movie version of the tv show, book, etc. They can't even handle that!

I agree that putting the humans as the main characters or focus will make the movie lame. We're coming to see stuff transform into giant robots and fight, that's it. I don't care if Spike is having problems relating to Sparkplug. But the fact that they even created a love interest for Spike makes me worry that they'll be way too much emphasis on squishy humans. I hate when they have a whole mythology to work with and they feel the need to create new characters. Remember the Masters of the Universe movie in the 80's? There were dozens of characters to choose from and they go and create that little Wildor (sp) guy (who coulda been Orko anyway) and a couple of bad guy bounty hunters. Why didn't they just take from what was already there?!? It's like going to a buffet and bringing your own food! 20 years and I'm still not over it...

screw hollywood!

lesterfoster
05-28-2007, 04:57 AM
Remember the Masters of the Universe movie in the 80's?
I donít remember that movie. But guess what. They are making it again. It should be out in 2009 sometime.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427340/)