PDA

View Full Version : Saving a Preset?

monfoodoo
06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Is it possible to save a bump channel as a preset,without all the other channels included? scott

Skinner3D
06-28-2006, 11:32 AM
:stumped: As in instead of putting it on the preset shelf? I think you can just go into your bump texture and click save. It should go to your Lightwave directory unless you set it differently.

monfoodoo
06-29-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm using a certain bump a lot of uv maps on different objects(440 Train Paint).i was wondering if i could save just the bump channel,rather than writing it done and entering it manually to each section as needed. scott

Skinner3D
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
:stumped: :stumped: I am sorry if I asking stupid questions, but are you trying to apply the exact same bump map to all applicable UV's?

monfoodoo
06-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Yes,buy only as a general under the paint bump. I just figuered id copy the one object surface and paste to the others and just change the map.all the paint maps are different,but the same lw bump is used along with my own bump.i just wondered if a fractal bump could be saved.The train is split into 6 different objects,so i've written down the bump parameters for reference.scott

Skinner3D
06-30-2006, 06:00 AM
I think we are on the same page. Create a basic bump map and save it. Then load it and add your bump as a second layer.

Or maybe on not on the same page as you:bump: in which case I haven't the slightest clue what to do.:D

monfoodoo
06-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Sometimes i'm blinded by the obvious.i will do as you suggest.scott