PDA

View Full Version : Registration

riki
06-28-2006, 02:10 AM
Just checking out the registration page http://online.newtek.com/Splash.aspx
I choose my country "Japan" then choose language (the only option is Japanese). But duh, I can't read or write Japanese, would it be possible to get this page in English.

riki
06-28-2006, 03:59 AM
If I select US and login it's looking very odd.

Dan_NT
06-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I've notified some peoples, but go ahead and send an e-mail to Customer Service about this including what OS and internet browser you're running as well as what options you entered.

riki
06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks Dan I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.4 on Mac OSX 10.4.6 I'm also getting the same results in Safari. I've also emailed custommer support.

rhortman
06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Riki!!

We have added English (for Rikki!!) to the Japanese section of the registration site!! When you revisit http://register.newtek.com you will see everything in English now!! :)

Thanks for catching this and letting us know!! :)

riki
06-28-2006, 07:01 PM
wow cool, thanks so much for that. I'm trying to learn Japanese, but I'm still at the domo arigato stage :)

Silkrooster
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Yeah I saw the missing details on the registration page as well. But I assumed it was my browser (cache problem) as a few minutes later it was working.
Silk

acocq
06-30-2006, 02:15 PM
When I try to access REGISTRATION from the home page, I get this:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ML.ML.fProcess()
ML.ML.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

So ... what's up :stumped:

This only seems to happen with FIREFOX ... the IE works ok !

Cheers,
Andreas

acocq
07-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm still getting this error when trying to access the registration page. :thumbsdow

PLEASE, get this working with FireFox ...

Cheers,
Andreas

acocq
07-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Since I've email Newtek support and not received an answer yet, I'll BUMP this baby ...

Kurtis
07-07-2006, 11:36 PM
If I click on Registration from the NewTek homepage, I have no problem. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.4

Are you still having the problem? If so, what URL are you clicking on the Registration link from, and what version of Firefox are you using?

acocq
07-08-2006, 04:23 AM
If I click on Registration from the NewTek homepage, I have no problem. I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.4

Are you still having the problem? If so, what URL are you clicking on the Registration link from, and what version of Firefox are you using?

Kurtis,
I am accessing the REGISTRATION via www.newtek.com and then using the menu (CUSTOMER CARE / REGISTRATION). It shows the following URL in the browser URL field : http://register.newtek.com/Splash.aspx

I'm using FireFox 1.5.0.4 (German version).

Cheers,
Andreas

Kurtis
07-08-2006, 07:01 AM
Not sure what to tell you. Using the English version of the browser, I'm not able to replicate your problem when using either the Registration link in the left-hand menu or the one under Customer Care.

My best suggestion at this point would be to send an email to Brian at [email protected], and see if he can help figure out what's wrong. This isn't something that Customer Service or Technical Support would be able to help you with.

rhortman
07-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Andreas,

Do you have cookies enabled? We've tested using german as the default language setting... but can't seem to find the problem.. Have you tried clearing your cookies and retrying the page? Can you check and see if it works with IE?

acocq
07-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Andreas,

Do you have cookies enabled? We've tested using german as the default language setting... but can't seem to find the problem.. Have you tried clearing your cookies and retrying the page? Can you check and see if it works with IE?

Hi,
Cookies are enabled. I have not restricted www.newtek.com in any way. The IE works fine. I tried using the AOL internal browser and that works as well.

Also, it seems to be only the registration page. All other sections are accessible without any problem. Furthermore, this type of problem has not occurred with any other website.

Cheers,
Andreas

rhortman
07-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey Andreas,

We made a few changes.. can you try it again? Thanks!!

acocq
07-11-2006, 05:20 AM
Would like to, but can't.

My internet connection at home (where I had the problem) has completely stopped working (due to an upgrade to DSL-2 ... :compbeati ). And since I'm going on vacation tomorrow ... well, you get the picture.

Here at work I only have IE, so that works anyway.

Someone posted a reply somewhere on the forum though that it now seems to work with FireFox, so that would indicate that your fix has worked !

Thanks for the effort and responsiveness !

Cheers,
Andreas

acocq
07-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Here's a link to the other post (from don_culbertson)...

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=53621&goto=newpost

Ciao,
Andreas

acocq
07-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Hey Andreas,

We made a few changes.. can you try it again? Thanks!!

I got the upgrade working ... but alas, ADSL-2 just means I get the same error message displayed much faster ... :D

Sorry, still the same problem as before. :cry:

Cheers,
Andreas

don_culbertson
07-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Andreas,

I just checked again with both Firefox and IE, and the download page is still accessible for me.

Sorry it still doesn't work for you :(

Don

acocq
08-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Just got back from my vacation ...

I'm still getting the same error message when I try to access the registration page:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
ML.ML.fProcess()
ML.ML.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Still works fine with IE, but crashes when I use FireFox (version 1.5.0.6). As before, I'm able to access all other parts of the newtek site, just the registration gives me this error.

What other information do I need to provide in order to get this fixed ?

Cheers,
Andreas