PDA

View Full Version : Using Hebrew fonts in lightwave ?????

onthepulse
06-27-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi all
I have been building ancient Hebrew Temples in lightwave and need to create some 3d text in Hebrew.
My question is, will lightwave recognise my Hebrew fonts. I have some hebrew fonts in my windows font folder, but doesn't seem to work in Lightwave.

I have been able to select the hebrew fonts in lightwave font manager, but when I try and type something all I get is squares and weird characters. WHAT CAN I DO :(

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

:)

Skinner3D
06-27-2006, 06:18 AM
I think if you can type in Microsoft Word or some other such program in Hebrew than I think you should be able to use the Lightwave font loader and pull it in. I really am not sure about this though. I can say for sure that writing backwards is going to be slightly difficult. You will probably have to either purposely write backwards, or write forwards and then mirror the geometry so that it looks backwards.:thumbsup:

onthepulse
06-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Thanks skinner.
That is what I thought. I finally found one of my hebrew fonts that actually work in MSWORD. I then tried it in lightwave and it worked.

Happy times.

Love it when things finally work in lightwave.

Thanks for your response.

It helped

massmusic
07-01-2006, 04:22 PM
I've been creating my Hebrew letter by hand. Oiy the time I could save other wise8~