PDA

View Full Version : Motion Designer doesn't interact with dissolving objects

Arcturus
06-01-2003, 11:02 PM
I'm making a scene where letters rise from the depths of water, slowly increasing visibility until they jump above the surface and bob up and down. All objects are targets for md and the water surface ripples like it's supposed to, but as soon as i turn on dissolve on one of the letters it doesn't seem to affect the water surface. Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Right now i'm creating a copy of each letter and turning off camera visibility. This copy then does all the interactions whilst the other fades in. The problem is i won't be able to morph and stretch the letters if i need to. please help, there must be something i'm missing :)

Mylenium
06-02-2003, 04:07 AM
Well, actually once more you should have read the manual more carefully. This isssue is described there. MD will not access the object data directly but the scene/ display buffer. This is why all objects must be visible at all times during simulation. It should not matter on saved MDD files, though.

Mylenium

Arcturus
06-02-2003, 07:50 PM
Thanks. I don't have the manual as i'm doing a lightwave course at uni.

videobear
06-03-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Arcturus
Thanks. I don't have the manual as i'm doing a lightwave course at uni.

Uh huh. Riiiiiiight.

Arcturus
06-03-2003, 08:16 AM
if i were using an illegal version i wouldn't have replied like i did to the last message... anyway i understand most people wouldn't trust it.

WizCraker
06-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by videobear
Uh huh. Riiiiiiight.

His statement on not haveing manuals is a good argument. When I was at Uni we never had access to the manuals that was for Maya and Max. These forums are here to help not judge.

phaedrus
06-03-2003, 10:12 PM
how well is MD covered in the new html help files?
and I dont think anyone is barred from downloading these..I recommend all my students at uni download them, especially as the uni has a cracking connection for big files like these.
no excuse for not having the manuals now!
:D

Arcturus
06-03-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by phaedrus
how well is MD covered in the new html help files?
and I dont think anyone is barred from downloading these..I recommend all my students at uni download them, especially as the uni has a cracking connection for big files like these.
no excuse for not having the manuals now!
:D

i never knew about those, where can i get them? (actually just found something in the downloads section here, nevermind - of course i could simply not post this) :)