PDA

View Full Version : Using "N" quick key

Atlantis_C
06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
When I use the N quick key to bring up the "numeric" box, there are arrows that you can click to increase and decrease the numbers. I click on those, but nothing happens. Yes, I have polys or points selected. It doesn't matter if I select move or stretch or whatever.

I have purchased video tutorials and they use those numeric box to increase values and it work for them. I follow what they do, but it won't work for me. So what could I be doing wrong?

RedBull
06-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Off the top of my head, i can't remember... ;(
can you post a screenshot of Modeler with Box and Numeric tools in the picture. This may help me diagnose the problem.

RudySchneider
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
The arrows in LightWave are somewhat different than other Windows-type applications. Instead of simply clicking on the left/right arrows, you click-and-drag on the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

Atlantis_C
06-27-2006, 07:58 AM
That worked.

Now how do you get those values to take effect? I hit "apply" and that doesn't work.

I tried creating a cube, hit N and entered some values for the cube, but the cube never changed it's shape to the values I inputed.

Weetos
06-27-2006, 08:23 AM
Use the Tab key to validate a value and switch to the next one

gjjackson
06-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Use the Tab key to validate a value and switch to the next one

Using the "Enter" key also will deselect that entry field, if I explained that right.