PDA

View Full Version : Flash Continued ...

SBowie
02-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Just to kick this off, the coolest thing I've discovered recently is that Aura can load .swf files.

This opens up a wide realm of possibilities, not least of which is the importing of some cool Flash animations which in turn can be keyed and modified to do some of those things that vector anims typically don't do well. This makes Swish a very desirable 'Aura plug-in' providing 'India Pro-like' text animation for a paltry $50!

tmon
02-07-2003, 09:39 PM
aw man, now i have to learn FLASH? i don't even know how to use Aura!

seriously, this is good news.

wgreenlee1
02-08-2003, 12:40 AM
Good to hear SBowie!
Aura is looking better by the moment!

eheupel
02-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Swish ?
Not to familiar with that one...

ren_at_home
02-08-2003, 07:48 PM
I discovered this ages ago... ;)

Yet have not yet once been able to load an SWF into Aura by import or load :(

have any hints Steve?

cheers,

Ren

SBowie
02-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Not sure why it's not working for you Ren. Works fine here, just did it again.

I first noticed it by accident when I hit Scan on a dir that had some .swf's in it. I wasn't watching closely, but I was alerted to the fact that something unexpected was going on when I heard the music from one of them playing!

SBowie
02-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by eheupel
Swish ?
Not to familiar with that one...

Swish Website (http://www.swishzone.com/)

MikeFrHoweTx
02-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Yes Flash to Aura2.5b works!! (See avatar) However you must use Flash5 or less, No ActionScripts and NO Vector transformations (or export from Flash for sequence?). It seems more logical for the WWW to Import LW (renders) from Aura2.5 INTO Flash as you Don’t repeat still bitmap images (bandwidth) and the FlashPlayer uses client side key-frame transformations; Flash Vector converted presentations also look sharp and clear whether it for a PDA(240by 320) or 21inch LCD. Don’t buy a Vector program till you demo StudioMX, as the mixing of Vectors, 3d-rasters images, movies and ActionScript interaction are a Programmers powerhouse that imitations (Swish etc) don’t have. Macromedia Freehand/fireworks can create beautiful vector layers (characters etc) that contrast nicely with detailed 3d Raster images (background); a similar effect (2d with 3d) can be seen in “Ice Age” (the Cave) and Dreamworks Spirit. I “imagine” you could include Freehand works (brochures, presentationals, cartoons etc) in an Aura2.5 demo Reel or animation?
Presently I’m stuck doing a Flash_to_PHP-MySql program for the PocketPC, However I hope “Someday” to do spiritually enlightening Flash projects like this http://www.cutestuf.com/flash_0203/splishsplashbaby.cfm Mike

SBowie
02-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by MikeFrHoweTx
It seems more logical for the WWW to Import LW (renders) from Aura2.5 INTO Flash ...

Going the other way may be useful for video types like many of us, though Mike.

BTW, a little added info: Sebastien told me this morning that Aura can only do this if Quicktime is installed. That may account for some not having good success with an import.

MikeFrHoweTx
02-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Going from FlashMx to Aura2.5 is complicated even for my Simple avatar! You must distribute to layers each frame, because flash tweening does Not export outside of *.swf properly. Then you must set other layers to “guide(invisible for export)” and use PNG alpha or (gif) for Aura import. However even my complex components go in to Aura2.5(png).
However were there is a Will there is a Method (programming)! Good Luck Mike

SBowie
02-17-2003, 09:39 AM
Perhaps your intended use is more complex than mine. I'm by no means a Flash expert.

For example, I might like to create an "India Pro - style" text effect. I can create it as a SWF, and then simply import that file into Aura as a sequence. It's a one step process, no complexity.

Once loaded in Aura, I can mess about with it as I please before saving it as an RTV or whatever. Somewhat more elaborate .swf files I have loaded also load as sequences. These proceed from Scene to Scene of the Flash movie all in the one Aura layer.

UnCommonGrafx
02-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Ok,
I bought into the Swish idea as it's reasonable. I think that Mike is doing it the way he had to, prior to this knowledge. I bet if he tries it now, it just goes into Aura.
But I would be interested in getting swf out of Aura. That would really put this whole paradigm into focus.

SBowie
02-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by UnCommonGrafx

I bought into the Swish idea as it's reasonable.

I've started thinking of Swish as an inexpensive and fun Aura plug-in :)

bradl
02-28-2003, 10:42 PM
1. Is Swish a stand alone product capable of producing SWF's or do you have to have a Flash editor as well?

2. Do the animated text layers imported into Aura contain alpha or do you have to mess with keying filters?

3. As a side note, anybody heard any news about India Pro recently, like when and if vs. 2 will ever come out?

TIA,

Brad L.

UnCommonGrafx
03-01-2003, 04:02 AM
1. Yep. It makes swfs that are usable everywhere so no Flash editor is needed. It has an html generator for getting into your html.
2. For me, they seem to come in without an alpha. :( Truly, I hope they get Aura's reader to recognize the alpha.
3. Haven't been listening.

Swish is fun and powerful. There seem to be quite a few websites dedicated to it's learning, as well.

Paul Lara
03-01-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by bradl
heard any news about India Pro recently, like when and if vs. 2 will ever come out?

Brad,
It's a sure bet that India Pro 2 will ONLY be for Mac, since Apple bought the company. :rolleyes:

bradl
03-01-2003, 10:52 PM
I wrote email to India Tech support or whatever email they had listed after the buyout and they sent me a message assuring me that 2.0 was going to be released for Win. I had the feeling it was almost ready for release when Apple stepped in.

tmon
03-02-2003, 05:33 AM
as far as i know, india pro was bought by Apple/Steve Jobs and there are no plans for a PC version 2 release.

SBowie
03-02-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by UnCommonGrafx

2. For me, they seem to come in without an alpha. :( Truly, I hope they get Aura's reader to recognize the alpha.
I don't think Swish is capable of exporting a file containing an alpha channel. The movie background is always opaque AFAICS. Would be great it if could, though :)

nonproductive
03-02-2003, 09:19 AM
Another Cheap Flash Alternative is "Koolmoves." ($39)
http://www.koolmoves.com/

I own Flash MX *and* Swish. I use Swish for 90% of the Flash stuff I need to do. It's just plain awesome.

UnCommonGrafx
03-02-2003, 09:34 AM
I am slowly but surely learning Swish and really coming to appreciate it. It is the link between all the realms of multimedia and is available to everyone.
To go from a TeD timeline to a nice, animated website in an afternoon just stokes me. I can't wait to see what's in store for T[2] because it's really gonna be fun!
Off to count some pennies... pennies for LV, pennies for T[3], pennies for me any ye's?

dwburman
03-10-2003, 08:30 PM
I don't know anything about India Pro, but maybe Apple will do what they're doing with Shake. They sell the MAC version for $4,500 and the PC version for $9000. It seems a little mean spirited to me, but I'm not trying to establish myself as the leading post production platform. :)

Dana