PDA

View Full Version : No Audio From Sx-84

skyytv
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I recently re-installed my VT[4] setup at my office. I've managed to get my video feeds working but I can't get the audio on. I see the VU meters in the audio mixer working (both VT Input & Output) but I can't hear anything coming out from the SX-84. I've tried plugging an RCA cable to every output on the SX-84 all to no avail. What could be the problem? I've run AUTO CONFIGURE but I'm still faced with the same problem. :help:

Jim Capillo
06-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Make sure your cables are connected correctly.

skyytv
06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
They are...the cables from the VT[4] card to the SX-84 labelled AUDIO are connected correctly. And the two little connectors that connect the VT[4] daughterboard and the extension are also connected correctly. I do see the INPUTS on the mixer as well as the OUTPUTS.

Is there a port on the SX-84 that I can use to preview audio on a headphone before it is signalled on-air?

Jim Capillo
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Is there a port on the SX-84 that I can use to preview audio on a headphone before it is signalled on-air?

Well, you can connect it to a deck or an amp to get something you can listen to.

ssdcinc
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
They are...the cables from the VT[4] card to the SX-84 labelled AUDIO are connected correctly. And the two little connectors that connect the VT[4] daughterboard and the extension are also connected correctly. I do see the INPUTS on the mixer as well as the OUTPUTS.

I've had the same prob. the 1st time i hooked up a SX8,
simple solution, try bringing up the sliders the the particular input
and make sure the output sliders are up also, this being
under the audio mixer prop's.

hopefully it was this simple fix, otherwise you might have a bad cable
or a cable reversed.

good luck!!

chuckd
06-30-2006, 05:06 PM
I nearly sent our SX-84 back to NewTek over this once. Try turning the Input Pass Thru (located underneath the Main output VU meters). It seems that sometimes you just need to tell it where it's supposed to be.

skyytv
07-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Still having the same problem...re-installed Windows XP and VT[4]. I see the VU meters on both inputs and outputs but still I don't hear anything. HELP!!!