PDA

View Full Version : Recommended books

RTSchramm
06-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Can anyone recommend a good book or DVD course with tutorials for someone new using lightwave 8.5? I'm interested in everything that LW 8.5 can do.

P.S. If you haven't read the book, or used the DVD course please don't recommend one. I'm not looking for advertisements here, just honest opinions.

Rich

Skinner3D
06-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Inside Lightwave 8 by Dan Ablan. Excellent book.:D I have been using it since I got Lightwave 8.5. Gives you tutorials on many different aspects of Lightwave. Also comes with a CD that has all of the stuff for the tutorials plus a bunch of extra stuff. Amazon.com is one place to get it.

Ty Catt
06-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Rich,

I know it might sound outdated, but "Lightwave Applied version 6.5 / 7" by Jerard, Tracy, and Hachigian is STILL an outstanding source of info. The several chapters alone dedicated to surfacing are very insightful.

I have had to re-tape the spine of the book several times because I carry it with me and use it everyday.

Tyler

vincent1
06-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Essential lightwave 3D 8 by Timothy Albee. Part of this book is the startup manual that comes with Lightwave 3d 8.

SplineGod
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Any of the WordWare books are top notch and go into things in great detail. :)