PDA

View Full Version : skytracer2

kellyv
06-01-2003, 09:51 PM
I think I'm either not understanding skytracer2. Everytime I do it, I receive 2 sunburst when I do a spherical bakermap, but I only have one sun in it [not the sun light that is added into the scene] I've attached a copy of what it looks like. I've gone threw the settings, and like I said it's only one light. I just can't seem to shake two flares or bursts. HELPPPP!!!! ... PLEASE!!!

Mucho thanks,

Kelly

Aegis
06-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Believe it or not that's actually correct - The flare on the left is your sun and the flare on the right is the transmitted light from the sun dispersing in the atmosphere - i.e. when you look at the sun you see the glare and when you turn directly away from it you see what it's lighting.

Your light intensity is too high - don't go above 100% and use a distant light with a lens flare in your scene (the one you're creating the spherical map for that is) if you want the sun that intense - upping the atmosphere and haze qualities will also help transmit light better - see the example below:

kellyv
06-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Aegis, thanks for helping me understand! Fist I kepts having problems with that sun that always pops in and the environment [I'd see both of those flairs], then I decided to take it out, and STILL would see it, but at least know I know it's ok.

right now my settings are:

sun :11.5 %
flare intensity: 6.5%
flare boost: 75.5 %
streaks:6%
colorshift: 0%

the light though is 175.0% intensity w/o flares...

I'm sure that boost is what partially is causing it [the light intensity]

The other thing that is odd though. I have my sun pointing from the right of my picture, but the major intenisty shows on the screen being the left side [with the viper preview]. With the light being a 'directional light' I would think it would show the power or intensity on the right [where the light is eminating[spelling]from]