PDA

View Full Version : Were is eagle in a barrel?

KSTAR
06-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know what version eagle in a barrel dissapeared? I swear I loaded the plugin just for fun in 7.5 :stumped: Anyway I even looked on one of my machines with LW 5.6 installed, and its listed in the tools/custom drop down menu, but I get an error saying modeler cant find it. I even checked LW 6.5 and it wasn't there either. Can someone out there post the plugin in? I believe the plugin is actually called idiot.p in the modeler directory

brtk
06-25-2006, 07:37 PM
From the old forum:

02-22-2003, 05:07 PM
The specific plugins that are missing in OSX because we do not have the source code are Reduce.p, PointReduce.p, Rotation.p, FastTripleFan.p, teapot.p, and, er, um, idiot.p.

The first four are useful modeling tools, and are present in Windows and OS9 because the versions compiled years ago for Windows and for Mac Classic OS still run today. If they had needed to be recompiled in order to run in newer OS versions and newer LW versions, then at this point they would not be present on any platform. We are looking into redeveloping those, but that still looks to be in the indefinite future at this point. I was able to track down who the original programmer was for those items (same fellow did all six actually), and we have been talking with him about the possibility of assistance in redevelopment.

The latter two plug-ins, respectively, make a teapot and an eagle-in-a-barrel, and were sort of a personal-time lark on the part of the coder, so we aren't likely to invest in redeveloping those. For those who may miss those two, Sorry! :(

KSTAR
06-25-2006, 08:02 PM
Im actually not interested in using it in LW9 but actually in 5.6 I have my 5.6 CD somewere in the dungeon. I could probably find it . I was just wondering if anyone had 5.6 on their machine and could post it?