PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 with 9 Upgrade. Installation Sucks!!!

SLAYER
06-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Got my Vue 5 cd's from the LW9 Upgrade Bundle and when I get to the 3rd screen in the Installation, I am prompted to enter my LW Serial. I have done this and it says it is invalid.

I have searched and found similar threads here and the replies have been "do a search, this has been discussed".

I cannot find any help that gets this resolved aside from calling Newtek again from work which I really do not want to do because it is always so annoying.

Any other ideas or help is appreciated.

MicroMouse
06-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Use the serial number from the Vue CD case.

Do not use the serial number from the LightWave CD case.

Wayne

SLAYER
06-25-2006, 08:08 PM
It states 10 digit LW serial # found on LW box.

Other posts have said the same thing that you are saying, but the only serial # on my Vue CD case is the "PRE-XXX" one that is way more than 10 digits.

This "PRE" serial is supposed to come later in the process when I register with Eon to get my real one according to the lame-*** instructions that came on a blue card.

Following the instructions on the card do not match the vue forum suggestions which do not match these LW forum sugestions.

Can they make this more of a pain?

MicroMouse
06-25-2006, 10:14 PM
On the Vue CD case there should be a sticker (mine has a sticker on the front and another on the back) with a bar code on it and under the bar code is
s / n: xxxxxxxxxx

Where xxxxxxxxxx is the 10 digit LightWave serial number.

If you do not have this sticker on the Vue CD case you will have to contact NewTek and tell them that it is missing.

Wayne

vincent1
06-26-2006, 12:30 AM
I have also just installed Lightwave 8.5 upgrade with Vue5 and can confirm that the serial number you need to input is the one found on the LW8.5 Upgrade Box under the barcode and should read:

PN: LWxxxxxx-xxxx

PS: this number is NOT on the Vue5 jewel case.

SLAYER
06-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I do not have a bar-code sticker on my case. Only the rectangular on one on the front with the "pre" serial #.

Great. Looks like more phone time again with Newtek and probably more wait time while something get delivers. Typical though I guess.

Funny thing is, I do not even really want VUE, but I have to install and register it to get a key to get LW CAD. Is this correct?

Thanks for all the replies.

jasonwestmas
06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, if you're making some nice 'architectural visualization' stuff with CAD you could put some nice VUE plants in your scene. ;)

MicroMouse
06-26-2006, 12:33 PM
All I have received in the mail, so far, for the LW 9 + Vue upgrade is one Vue CD case with the LW serial number on the case.

So I was lucky and did not have to search for the number.

Wayne

vincent1
06-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Vue is a different authorisation setup. Authorising LW8.5 will allow you the link to LWCAD in your newtek account.

If you are even remotely linked to architectural viz, I have found Vue to be a must, the ecosystem just beats RPC any day. Give it to me if you dont want it. :-)