PDA

View Full Version : *Emergency*

MBeck
06-24-2006, 11:16 AM
Ok, I have a show on monday, and I am sitting here and all my outpts are delayed!

The video is fine and it does record n fine. But any live sound going out of the toaster is a full 1 or 2 seconds behind the video. in fact I can hit play, hear no audio, then the audio starts behind the video. I hit stop and the video stops then when the audio reaches the point where I stopped the video it also stops.

I have renderd a clip out and played it on another pc and it is fine.. so it is just on the output, not on the clip or input itself.

I really really need some help here!

Jim_C
06-24-2006, 11:19 AM
What type of files are on the timeline?

What is the audio out setup of your VT? Do you go thru a mixer or straight into speakers?

Were these clips fine yesterday and started acting up today or did this start with the introductions of these clips?

MBeck
06-24-2006, 11:36 AM
What type of files are on the timeline?

What is the audio out setup of your VT? Do you go thru a mixer or straight into speakers?

Were these clips fine yesterday and started acting up today or did this start with the introductions of these clips?

Well it fixed itself.. with a re-boot.. but it scares me that it went away like that..

so unless it creeps back up on me that problem is gone..

the only other thing is that I cant get my RS-8 to work...

It didn't find the driver when I plugged it up, but then I went in and pointed it to the newtek driver folder.. and it seemed happy, but it never lit up and it won't work at all.. I know it works because I have used it on a tricaster.

Ty Catt
06-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Are they firewire fed DV clips? I have had a lag in clips imported that way play bad later.

I'm not sure of your set-up, but I know I have gotten weird audio effects out of my Mackie board if the deck you used to load DV clips (and record your project to) still has the firewire still plugged in.

Also, have you changed any of the Audio Mixer pallette settings?

Tyler

MBeck
06-24-2006, 11:44 AM
No it is a mic cable plugged into the breakout box and a YC input. I am recording rtv.

no firewire at all.

I also got my rs-8 problem solved.

sorry.. I am in freakout mode right now.

Mediaworx
06-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Simma don nah:thumbsup: