PDA

View Full Version : Quite Possibly The Dumbest Q Ever!

Ty Catt
06-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Alright guys, here we go...

HOW DO YOU GET A SCREEN GRAB?

Duh, I know, I usually just read posts, never had many quesitons, but over the last 24 hours I have been assigned a job and I am in need of everyone's expertise, esp. bones and rigging. Screen grabs would help with my questions.

Thanks, y'all!

Tyler:help:

Integrity
06-24-2006, 11:05 AM
The "Print Screen" key on your keyboard takes a snapshot, although it depends on whats on the screen (overlays will be black). Then just simply paste it in any editing program.

Ty Catt
06-24-2006, 11:10 AM
I tried screen-shot, but where is the file stored at so I can attach it?

Is there a windows folder it's saved in?

I wish they had a jack-*** icon for me!

Thanks!

Tyler

gjjackson
06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
If you have programs like PaintShop (downloadable free trial) you can capture different parts of screen, Full, client, window. Etc. Then using a hotkey and a mouse click will grab what you want. The easiest way I've found.

Integrity
06-24-2006, 11:25 AM
When pressing Print Screen it copies what is on the screen and puts it into the Windows clipboard (if you're using Windows). There is no file that is saved. After copying you must open an editing application and use the Paste action in order to save it out to JPG or GIF and then attach here on the forum.

BeeVee
06-26-2006, 01:53 AM
And if you use Alt PrintScreen it will just grab the active window.

B

Rayek
06-26-2006, 02:04 AM
After grabbing a window with <ALT>-<PRINT SCREEN>, you can paste the screenshot in a freeware viewer like IrfanView. (www.irfanview.com). Save as a jpg.

Cheers,

R.