PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 7.5 on Mac Book Pro

SilverBattery
06-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Hi, humbly seeking advise here.
I just bought my 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro and installed my yet to upgrade LW 7.5. The applications seems to look OK when I initially opened. The problem came when I tried to use the plug in tools, none of the plug-in can be used becos it seems that it can never be added. After scaning the plug-in directory dont seems to help either. Also the hub is not working. Anyone got any clue about this?

Captain Obvious
06-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Lightwave is not yet a universal binary, so it has to run via Rosetta on Intel Macs. This is horrendously slow, and it means not everything will work perfectly. You're probably better off running the Windows version.

SilverBattery
06-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Thanks for your input Captain! Does that means i have to buy a copy of window OS to run it? Honestly, I can get lost in PC :( I not too concern about the speed. If is slow, it still move. But now I'm stuck with the tools. It cant be added to the program. Any Help? Many Thanks!

BazC
06-25-2006, 04:20 AM
Lightwave just doesn't seem to run well for everyone on Intel Macs. Some people can use it but others seem to have problems. Try reinstalling, fixing permissions, clearing out your HD etc it might help. Otherwise you'll just have to wait for the universal binary (sometime this year hoprfully) or run it under Windows (yes you'll need to buy a copy) and Bootcamp. I've heard rumours that the next version of OSX may run Windows apps natively. Sounds a little far fetched to me but others have said it's technically possible so.......

Sorry I couldn't be more help. On the plus side, if you upgrade to LW9 you should be able to beta test the development versions throughout the LW9 cycle. Hopefully that will mean the UB version too!

SilverBattery
06-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks BazC. Any advise is welcome here. I rarely use lightwave for my job. So it doesnt really make sense for me to upgrade to 9 at this point time though I love to.