PDA

View Full Version : A Newbie Question - windowconfigure.lsc

hisham
06-22-2006, 02:24 AM
Hello everyone :help:

Please forgive my inexperience with all sorts of LW. But I am encountering an error pop-up message everytime I launch Layout (not Modeler):

*** error: WINDOWCONFIGURE.LSC
Line 244, invalid object method linecount()

Am running Mac OSX 10.4 & LW 8.5 (Mac32). Problem started appearing when I was loading scenes and missing out on objects, which where not that important for my use anyway. Now, every time I launch Layout I get this error message, and after clicking 22 times on ok, I get finally through to the layout interface.

Any idea? Appreciate any feedback!
:help:

ShawnStovall
06-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Did you search your system for that file?

gerry_g
06-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Didn't we just have thus one the other day ?, the windows config error comes about by selecting the 'Windows config' button in the Utilities>More section of Layout (either out of curiosity or through inadvertency) it throws up a dialogue box that apparently does nothing on the Mac and is easy to dismiss, but here's stinger, there after every time you open layout the retched thing pops up because a script has written a 'Config file to your User Preferences. So. all you have to do is go to User>Library>Preferences, look for the pref file titled "LW Windows Config.' and trash it, this is perfectly harmless and what's more will solve the problem