PDA

View Full Version : vue x stream plugin

d1wojo
06-21-2006, 06:28 PM
I was woundering if any one has seen this in action or if there is a demo we can play around with. I downloaded the trial version from there website and it seems that the version is for max and maya. Any ideas thanks......

If it works it looks cool.... I know about the long render times but that not o.k. but in some cases I could put up with.

KillMe
06-22-2006, 02:50 AM
yeah i'd like to see it working with lw - with the prince they want for it would also need to be an impressive vid for me to consider it

Signal to Noise
06-22-2006, 08:40 AM
e-on states that the X-Stream plug for LW will be available in "summer 2006". So hopefully in the next couple of months we should see it and a demo. I seriously doubt I'll buy it at the price they've set. Hopefully it'll be lumped in as part of a NewTek LW bundle deal in the future. ;)

Vujaka
06-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Why does one need this plugin?

nerdyguy227
06-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I never found vue to be much of a companion to lightwave as it is a stand alown, different 3d app just with more ease of creating realistic natural environments without modeling capabilities.

Signal to Noise
06-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Why does one need this plugin?

X-Stream will supposedly make life easier integrating Vue scenes with LightWave. However, with a bit of blood, sweat, & tears, you can still integrate without the plug-in.

keving007
06-22-2006, 10:51 PM
From what I have seen on the website, the LW version of the plugin is available for purchase. I have read in other forums where LW Beta testers are already using it. The compatibility is only with LW 9+. From what I have seen with the Maya demo on the E-on website, if it works as good with LW, then it will be a definite addition to my collection.

Vujaka - Complete integration of Vue's ability of ecosystems with reflections and shadows to and from your native LW objects from and to Vue's environment ecosystems.

Nerdyguy227 - I agree that before xStream, it is a pain to composite depending on what you are trying to do. This seems to make it a lot easier and more of a true integration. I can only go by what I have seen and read on other forums. Most of the people that I have seen complain about the plugin were people that didn't fully understand what it does in the first place. :)

kev

keving007
06-23-2006, 04:28 PM
From what I have seen on the website, the LW version of the plugin is available for purchase. I have read in other forums where LW Beta testers are already using it. The compatibility is only with LW 9+. From what I have seen with the Maya demo on the E-on website, if it works as good with LW, then it will be a definite addition to my collection.

kev

Not sure how to edit an existing post.

Turns out, the LW version is in PRE-Release. Available for purchase but not sure it is shipping yet. The LW users that have posted using xStream in other forums must be using the Maya / Max trial version. I have been informed from E-on, that a LW trial will be available when the product ships sometime this summer.

kev :D

Sekhar
06-23-2006, 05:14 PM
If you buy it, they'll give you a link to download the pre-release. I've been checking it out.

byte_fx
06-24-2006, 05:20 PM
So at this point it's just vaporware that may or may not be a working product that's release-ready in a year or two.

Sounds familiar.

byte_fx

KillMe
06-25-2006, 11:10 PM
welluppose hy cantofficily releae itbefore lw9 inceits lw9 only and then they will aso wanna check it over with the final version of lw 9 too so no suprise you ant buy the finalrelease verion yet

byte_fx
06-26-2006, 02:06 AM
welluppose hy cantofficily releae itbefore lw9 inceits lw9 only and then they will aso wanna check it over with the final version of lw 9 too so no suprise you ant buy the finalrelease verion yet

Think you're saying they can't release it until 9 is finalized.

True.

If it works as advertised and is stable it'll be worth the $495 price for the standalone plugin.

It should save a huge chunk of time by eliminating compositing output from two apps and then having to tweak shadows and reflections as well.

Time saved on one 30 second animation should pay for it.

byte_fx

KillMe
06-26-2006, 08:25 AM
wooooo more typos than usual - sorry yeah that was the jist of my post - **** i cant even understand that lol

....lesson to self read before hitting send....

=)