PDA

View Full Version : Would you like Layout and Modeler joined?(Layout and Modeler Separate?prt.2)

ShawnStovall
06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
I have seen that in my other poll some people wanted Layout and Modeler joined, so I posted this to see what people think(in graph form).

KillMe
06-20-2006, 04:26 PM
how about yes but having the option to keep them seperate too ( which is what newtek is doing pleasing everyone )

ShawnStovall
06-20-2006, 04:31 PM
I thought about that after I submitted the thread.:foreheads

evenflcw
06-20-2006, 04:55 PM
So desert this one and start a new one.

But befor you do I'd like a "Yes, I want LW to be one application but configurable enough to be able to mimic both Modeler and Layout aswell as anything inbetween (and beyond)"-option :)

Skinner3D
06-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I voted no last time, but looked at all the other people's posts and decidely differently (voted yes but with separate menus). As long as they don't happen at the same time in the same window (like Maya) I am ok. I would prefer the saving configuration stay the same as it is now. I tend to build scenes in Layout, and change my objects in ways that are cool, but I don't want to save those changes to models, so that I can use them again. KillMe has a good idea though.:)

awrieger
06-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Yes!

loki74
06-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I voted no last time, but looked at all the other people's posts and decidely differently (voted yes but with separate menus). As long as they don't happen at the same time in the same window (like Maya) I am ok. I would prefer the saving configuration stay the same as it is now. I tend to build scenes in Layout, and change my objects in ways that are cool, but I don't want to save those changes to models, so that I can use them again. KillMe has a good idea though.:)

THIS is what I would like the most. :thumbsup:

Similar to the interface of Animation:Master--the models have their own window, and the choreography (scene) has its own window. So do materials, poses, etc... really nice setup I think

Nemoid
06-20-2006, 11:58 PM

I don't see great probs. they could give us a more flexible UI, with possibility to save UI layouts , and panels containing e.g. timeline , other editors... we could visualize where we want.
i agree about the default UI layout remaining as is now.