PDA

View Full Version : newbie here...

quinn
05-31-2003, 10:52 PM
I just purchased 7.5 and would like to know if anyone can recommend a book for a beginner. Preferably, something with a CD with hands-on exercises. I have 6 weeks of Summer break from school and plan on throwing myself into learning as LW as possible. Thanks in advance...

hrgiger
05-31-2003, 11:12 PM
That's easy.

Inside Lightwave 7 by Dan Ablan.

Kuzey
05-31-2003, 11:27 PM
Also....this really looks great:
Desktop Images Training Videos (http://www.desktopimages.com/CharSeries.shtml)

Kuzey

riki
06-06-2003, 10:22 AM
yeah I'm a Newbie too :)

Here's my list of books/viedos etc

http://www.suture.net/tutorials/books_videos/index.shtml

dablan
06-30-2003, 12:38 AM
There's a lot of really great tutorials right here on NewTek's site. They are free, and very quick and easy.

Books are great. Videos work too.
We've also found that CD-ROM training is really beneficial for new users, as they can work at their own pace, and not be locked to a video monitor.

Check out www.3dgarage.com - it's my LightWave course I've taught for years, now available on CD-ROM.

Thanks,
Dan Ablan
AGA Digital Studios, Inc.
Chicago

southparx
07-07-2003, 03:08 AM
i'm a newbie too, and that's true i recommend getting loads of tutorials to start with.
but if u insist on books, LW primer is not a bad book...it's truly for beginners (works well for me). one bad thing though, is that
the first half of the book is mostly stuffs about LW's interface and what the buttons for. it's not really worth the $49.95 price tag,
but if u're really really have absolutely no idea about anything in lightwave, i guess the book isn't a bad start at all.
hmm i don't have the book with me right now, but basically it covers until sasLite, hypervoxels, particles....only the basic stuffs though.
another book that i have is inside LW 7 by dan ablan, now this one rocks! although it's not really a book for beginners to start with, but i myself as one has been able to catch up...hey a little
obstacles on the way won't let us newbies down right?!