PDA

View Full Version : Worley Labs

Bog
06-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Righty. We've had a lot of talk about Steve Worley's toolset, particularly our Creative Edge known as FPrime.

I don't think we've had a thread about this yet, but I'd like to say that I Am Confident that Worley Labs are busting a but to match the Nine Launch with their next wave of upgrades - if not on the day, then soon after. Having listened in on the scuttlebutt and the rumbles and the weaves... I do believe he's atop it.

So, Steve Worley - to you, sir, to you. I can't blame you for not trying to keep track with the zillion threads about FPrime, Sas and everything else.

I know I've had my b1tch and moan about things, but should you find time to read this - I figure you've done what you can with the NT dev team to make sure everything's as good as it can be.

See you soon, I hope.

kilvano
06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
I agree. It will be ready when its ready.

LW9 introduces a lot of new features not to mention nodes and therefore it would be a huge task to update FPrime to be able to render these.

I dont own FPrime (YET!!!!) but have played with friends machines with it on and must say its very impressive. I will certainly look into buying the new one!

edit: Bog ive been reading your blog. Sound like youve been busy and having fun...keep up the good work

js33
06-19-2006, 07:34 PM
So the FPrime that works with 8.5 won't work in 9? Just installed 9 and was about to install FPrime.

kilvano
06-19-2006, 07:47 PM
ASAIK it doesnt work with nodes yet.

Like i said...i dont have it. Give it a go and let me know

Snosrap
06-19-2006, 08:24 PM
So the FPrime that works with 8.5 won't work in 9? Just installed 9 and was about to install FPrime.

Sure it works! It just doesn't recognize Nodes. Not yet anyway!!

Cheers
Snos

js33
06-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh ok thanks.

T-Light
06-20-2006, 02:09 AM
I wouldn't go as far to say that the current fprime is compatable with 9, even without nodes there can be stability issues. don't for instance pop into modeler with an fprime window open if you intend seeing your work in layout again :(