PDA

View Full Version : SpeedEdit and OMFI2

Twrch
06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm looking to adopt SE as my editor but the guys in post (who work in Final Cut) are saying, "We don't know what that SpeedEdit is, but if it can output OMFI2 we're cool with it."

Maybe this is a no-brainer question, but an official answer would help to ally the worry warts.

Jim Capillo
06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
OK, I'll play the dummy..... what is OMFI2 ?

Twrch
06-19-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.cs.cf.ac.uk/Dave/Multimedia/node296.html

I assume 2 is v2.

Jim Capillo
06-19-2006, 08:30 PM
well, I think I got the basics there :stumped: :help:

Maybe Dr. Drew can elaborate ????

Twrch
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Maybe if I just had something I could tell the FCP guys that would assure them that there is a way to transfer to them. What are the exports on SE going to be? :help:

radams
06-19-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm looking to adopt SE as my editor but the guys in post (who work in Final Cut) are saying, "We don't know what that SpeedEdit is, but if it can output OMFI2 we're cool with it."

Maybe this is a no-brainer question, but an official answer would help to ally the worry warts.

Hi Twrch,

I don't expect Nt to support OMF or even AAF..since they really don't work..and are seriously limited...Even Avid has issues between mac and PC platforms with their OWN apps...so I don't see NT wasting time with it... Now there are other options...and I hope that a form of XML will be supported at some point along with PROPER EDL input/output ...but as for OMF...that is a horse that's been dead and stinking for some time...IMHO.

OMF is pie in the sky...and isn't the path it claims it is.

Cheers,

eon5
06-20-2006, 06:10 AM
Automatic Duck will import them ?