PDA

View Full Version : Chuck or Jay, What is up with Canada Support ???

dfp1
06-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi Chuck,

I am a long time Lightwave user and I have been trying to get the V9.0 upgrade with the Vue and LCad for over a month now. Nobody up here carries it or has Lightwave products in stock .. or appears to be able to get that easy. Anyway, in the middel of this the deal expired and I was so frustrated that I emailed Newtek sales to order and I have not heard back from them yet either. Is there like this unforseen Lightwave barrier surrounding our country or something. Perhaps you can help or point me to someone who can. This has not been a very pleasing experience to say the least.

I new I should have written a cheque at NAB )

My serial number is 2169900713.

[email protected]

Thanks I hope.

Safe Harbor
06-19-2006, 01:58 PM
North American retailers such as us are allowed to ship into Canada. Why did you not contact one of the US dealers? I understand the currency differences and shipping/customs charges make it more desirable to order from a Canadian dealer, but comparing a US dealer to NewTek in terms of pricing, you should choose a dealer. You'll save money.

We have ONE copy left in stock of the Vue Special/LW 9 upgrade with a printed manual.

newtekker04
06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I know what you mean, dfp1. I've had terrible experiences with customer service and sales at Newtek and frankly that is bull. We pay for support when we buy the software and if the company doesn't give a frig about customers after the fact, they're going to start loosing them. I love Lightwave as a product, but there customer/sales department needs some serious help. Don't even bother emailing NewTek; it is a waste of your time.

I live in Alberta and was able to find a dealer in my area. I'm not sure where you are, but the reseller page only lists BC, Alberta, Sask, Ont, Quebec, and NB for authorized dealers. Apparently, as mentioned above, Safe Harbor may be a way to get that order. I also heard that Spin Quad does Canadian orders, too. Best of luck, pal. I hope you are able to get your order. :thumbsup:

ShawnStovall
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM
NewTek needs a 1-800 number, I can't afford the long distance charges.
:phone_cal

newtekker04
06-20-2006, 09:54 AM
I second that.:thumbsup:

Signal to Noise
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
For my initial LW purchase I went thru DMG Publishing (http://www.dmgpublishing.com/index.htm). At the time they offered a free 1 year subscription to Keyframe (re: Highend 3D, HDRI Magazine) along with the amazing LW7.5 + Upgrade to [8] + DFX+ bundle. It was a trouble-free experience. Not sure if they still offer LW packages tho'. You can always fire Alice an email.

For my subsequent upgrade to [9] I went through a "local" reseller located in Sherwood Park, AB who's listed on the NewTek resellers list: http://digitalvideoeditor.com/TriCaster.html. Again, a painless transaction.

The only dealings I had with NewTek was to purchase the hardcopy LW [8] manual & binder. It only required an email and a fax.

mattclary
06-20-2006, 11:52 AM
NewTek needs a 1-800 number, I can't afford the long distance charges.
:phone_cal

Telephone: (US) 1-800-862-7837
(Outside US) +1-210-370-8000

I personally always go straight to NewTek so they get all the money without giving someone else a cut. I like to keep NewTek healthy.

dfp1
06-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Special Thanks to Tiffani @ Safe Harbor for getting back to me and trying to work things out.

Thanks also to Gary Reiley from Newtek who took are of my problem as far as getting the product goes. The person I had originally emailed was away and Gary had taken the ball and helped me out.

I know that does not address the concern of long term support in Canada, but it does at least make me smile today and I have to thank those who tried. That's all you can really ask in life. Is that someone at least try.

Don.

RonGC
06-21-2006, 12:53 PM
I would love to give my money direct to Newtek. I however live in British Columbia Canada.

Unfortunately i called them and they told me that they do not do direct sales to Canada anymore, however they did give me the phone number of AnnexPro a LW reseller in Vancouver BC.

AnnexPro were excellent to deal with and got my LW9 upgrade dealt with right away.

I just think that Newtek should put this info right in your face when you go online to purchase. Would save us a lot in phone calls.

Ron