PDA

View Full Version : Two requests

Pavlov
06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
1- image cropping and rotation in Image editor.
2 - Object thumbnailing in Load/Save windows; drag'n drop.

Paolo

Panikos
06-19-2006, 04:31 PM
1- image cropping and rotation in Image editor.
2 - Object thumbnailing in Load/Save windows; drag'n drop.

Paolo

I prefer the +/- 90/180 degrees rotation in Texture Editor / ImageMap

Pavlov
06-19-2006, 04:40 PM
i did not mean to limit rotation to fixed steps. you can also freely rotate it - btw pixels exiting from the pic will enter from the other side like the "edge" option in Photoshop.

Paolo

Panikos
06-19-2006, 05:30 PM
You can actually rotate the image using the H/P/B values but its not intuitive at all, I admit. This allows animation of rotation as well.

What I was thinking is flipping or rotating the raw material image prior to any transformation.

Pavlov
06-20-2006, 01:53 AM
I meant wxactly the same, i wanted to flip/crop/rotate the image *before* it's aplied to the surface.
In fact HPB does not allow all you need. Try a cubic projection; HPB will help you on two axes, but the third will go messed up as soon as you tweak values. So i have at least two saved versions of each tile texture, one vertical and one horizontal; just because LW does not allow simple operation like these. The only solution is UVmap everything but not always i have the time.

Panikos
06-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Sure :agree:

Also, we need Texture Processing on Images, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation/Value

Pavlov
06-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Mmm... unless you're talking about something else, these are already there in Image editor.

Paolo

Panikos
06-20-2006, 04:05 AM
Mmm... unless you're talking about something else, these are already there in Image editor.
Paolo

I am speaking about part of the Texturing Process, not a "global adjustment or duplicate & adjust" cheap method.
Yoichiro made such a plugin shader in LW5.6 era.

Fortunately Nodal technology allows development of such nodes.